What a size difference!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by yoie, Aug 12, 2011.

1. yoie

yoie Chillin' With My Peeps

I have a mixed flock of chickens of all different sizes, colors, and shapes. It is amazing how they are all chicken but yet can be so different! I recently had my DH take a picture of our Rooster Krull to show off how massive he really is and my favorite chicken Mini Chicken was jealous so she also got her picture taken with me. Krull is a LF Blue Cochin Rooster, has to be over 10 pounds. While Mini Chicken is a Bantam Modern Game Hen, she is a little over a pound, so tiny! These pictures are great to see the difference in how different chickens can be! Oh, and I am pretty average in size about 5'5" in height and average weight.

Krull
    [​IMG]

Mini Chicken
    [​IMG]

2. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    The size differences is amazing. I'm especially fascinated with the fact that no matter how much we change their physical appearances our chickens still retain certain instincts. They'll all chase down a bug, they'll all take dust/sun baths, roosters still crow, hens sing the egg song. No matter how much we manipulate their genes there are some things we just cannot change.

Nice picture-I think the duck in the back want her picture taken, too!

3. KDailey

KDailey Crazy Cochin Lady

Jun 27, 2011
    Bronson, Tx
    Krull looks like my Giant Cochin rooster Big John! Except John is black. lol You can see his spur on his right leg. They're tipped though. lol

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 12, 2011
  4. TheSpiceGirls

TheSpiceGirls Overrun With Chickens

Oct 6, 2010
    Bay Area, CA
    OMG, both of those roosters are stunning. [​IMG]

I'm in the city where no roosters are allowed. But more and more I wish I could have one. What beautiful creatures. And they are HUGE!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by