What age do I expect first guinea eggs?

SimoneG

Songster
Sep 25, 2017
North Dakota
Hi! Wondering when I should be finally expecting my guineas to lay? They hatched September 23, 2017. (7mos old) wondering if it's just too early in the year yet? Or if they are just too young?
Thanks!

Hi! Wondering when I should be finally expecting my guineas to lay? They hatched September 23, 2017. (7mos old) wondering if it's just too early in the year yet? Or if they are just too young?
Thanks!
They should start laying sometime this spring. Don't feel bad, you are farther north than I am and my guineas have not started laying yet this spring. Mine normally start laying in April but everything is running late this year including the tree blossoms.

Good luck.

They should start laying sometime this spring. Don't feel bad, you are farther north than I am and my guineas have not started laying yet this spring. Mine normally start laying in April but everything is running late this year including the tree blossoms.

Good luck.
Thank you! I wasn't sure if they were just too young or what was going on. I don't have any older hens left so it was hard to tell.

Back
Top Bottom