What age do Marans Roosters get their copper coloring?

16 and me

Songster
Oct 31, 2022
What age do Marans Roosters get their copper coloring? This is Sammy, he's just about 20 weeks old. I bought him as a day-old as a Blue Copper Marans. His brother was darker and had the copper on him ling ago. Is Sammy possibly a splash or is he just going to br delayed in coppering?
20240202_154357.jpg
20240202_154406.jpg

I had two Black Copper Maran and his gold coloration came in at 3 weeks. I could see a little. By 12 weeks they were gold from their head to their neck

What age do Marans Roosters get their copper coloring? This is Sammy, he's just about 20 weeks old. I bought him as a day-old as a Blue Copper Marans. His brother was darker and had the copper on him ling ago. Is Sammy possibly a splash or is he just going to br delayed in coppering? View attachment 3739282View attachment 3739284
He's Gold/Silver Split, so he's not going to be pure Copper(Red). He's got his true coloring.

He's Gold/Silver Split, so he's not going to be pure Copper(Red). He's got his true coloring.
So where the Copper (gold?) would typically be, his is silver. Interesting. So is he still considered a Blue "Copper" Marans? I presume that's the breed, but not always the colour.

What a long neck! Very mature looking. Do you possibly mean 3 months old?
Here’s mine at 3 weeks and at 15 weeks.

View attachment 3739334
I just looked back at my log. I did make a mistake that one was at 5 weeks old not 3 and I do mean weeks, not months. Yours are so pretty😍

Back
Top Bottom