What age to maybe determine sex?

CoopsNPoops

Songster
Apr 5, 2021
Ellsinore, MO
I have about 25 two week old chicks. EEs. Should i just list them as strictly straight run (aside from the known sex links)? I'm getting so many questions on sex or people just wanting pullets. I now it may be impossible to tell this early, but what is a good age to look for certain details. The BR mix babies are evident. I also have EE mix babies and BCM mix babies. Are either of them known to have certain traits earlier than others. I don't plan to keep them for as long as it takes to become clearly evident becomes evident, but... just incase..

For my chicks, i am usually about 80 or 90% sure of their sex by 5-6 weeks, 100% sure by 10 weeks or so. The only ones that are real tough is the rose or pea combs.

I have a 'technical' EE (non-standard colored Ameraucana) right now that I still can't figure out for sure if they're a pullet or a cockerel, and they're two months old. Hopefully I'll know soon! I'm leaning pullet though, since they don't chest bump with the Bresse I have that I know is a cockerel in the same grow out group.

Back
Top Bottom