what age/ weight do you cull jumbo quail?

Hi Laseterlass. Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, Tatanka are not the standard Jumbo, so not the average dudes bird.

Meant to add - there are no exact rules or standards about what consitutes a jumbo bird. Tatanka are trying to extend the weight of the jumbo.
What I need to know is the average persons experience with culling and when exactly they do it Thanks.

My birds are not Tatanka either. But my egg supplier did share in the forum. I go by those rules of thumb to get them larger. But any bird over 10 oz is considered Jumbo. And all of mine are, except a little tux invader. As far as A&M and Jumbo brown I have a male of each and 5 jb hens. The rest are all over 12 oz but gold italian and manchurian. Those are the standards I go by and they work. I would rather feed birds that meet my specs than waste it on ines that do not.

It's also good to consider that the males can be considerably lighter than the females. So I still don't have the answer to my question. Anyone out there care to share?

Back
Top Bottom