what all should i do to keep my ducks warm in the snow?

How old are they? Ducks will be fine in the cold if they're fully feathered, as long as they have somewhere to get out of the wind. They'll acclimate to the colder temperatures, but if a heat lamp's bulb died or the power went out it could kill them. Plus there's the fire hazard if it fell.

Mine willingly stay in the snow all day, even if there's the option to go inside, and they love it :)
i got them on september 5 and they were maybe a week old at that point? and they recently lost a bunch of feathers and grew them back, so i think they’re at least mostly feathered now because no new feathers have fallen off for a week or two, i just worry because there’s only two of them and they don’t have a whole flock to keep warm

i got them on september 5 and they were maybe a week old at that point? and they recently lost a bunch of feathers and grew them back, so i think they’re at least mostly feathered now because no new feathers have fallen off for a week or two, i just worry because there’s only two of them and they don’t have a whole flock to keep warm
That makes sense. You can post pics of them and we can help you figure out if they are feathered enough.

They'll be alright. @Isaac 0, just for clarification, what do you think?

You, and @noodledog explained it perfectly. Ducks that are fully feathered, are away from the elements and have thawed feed/water don't need supplemental heat.

Turn off the heat lamp! It isn't good for them! If they don't get used to the cold because of the heat lamp, they don't grow in all there warm down and feathers. So suddenly, you power goes out, and so does the lamp, you loose your whole flock. It isn't good for them to not grow in all the important feathers. Take the heat away. Others will agree. They don't need it.
How old are they? Ducks will be fine in the cold if they're fully feathered, as long as they have somewhere to get out of the wind. They'll acclimate to the colder temperatures, but if a heat lamp's bulb died or the power went out it could kill them. Plus there's the fire hazard if it fell.

Mine willingly stay in the snow all day, even if there's the option to go inside, and they love it :)

That makes sense. You can post pics of them and we can help you figure out if they are feathered enough.
here they are in their outside area, they have lots of straw in their sleeping bit
image.jpg

Back
Top Bottom