What am I doing wrong I feel like a horrible chicken mommy 😔

Farmgirl283420

Crowing
Feb 21, 2023
So I have my two little handsome cocks Almanzo and Royal I think their around 13 weeks I can check so far I’ve had a great relationship with them they like to sit in my shoulders come when called follow me come to me when they see me yesterday Almanzo my top cock couldn’t get into his run I had just put them away with treats and he really wanted them I went to pick him up like I’ve done all the time he trapped my hand and wouldn’t let go I gave him some time to back down but he didn’t so I gave him a smack on the back so he would let go i didn’t do it hard but he was kinda hurting me he left a big mark I felt very bad right after what am I doing wrong? He was fine with me this morning but I just feel horrible :(

I hate to say it, but sometimes sweet little cockerels end up being huge jerks who attack everything and don't get along with anyone or anything. Doesn't make you a bad chicken momma. It means he's probably just being a rooster.
I hope not he is such a sweetie he was fine this morning and he was fine yesterday I love him soooooo much have you ever noticed roosters and cocks have a way of talking in different tones and clicks then the hens? It always amazes me how kind they can be my old rooster used to call me if he found a treat and he almost never got anything treat related he always gave it to he hens even when I tried to sneak it to him!

So I have my two little handsome cocks Almanzo and Royal I think their around 13 weeks I can check so far I’ve had a great relationship with them they like to sit in my shoulders come when called follow me come to me when they see me yesterday Almanzo my top cock couldn’t get into his run I had just put them away with treats and he really wanted them I went to pick him up like I’ve done all the time he trapped my hand and wouldn’t let go I gave him some time to back down but he didn’t so I gave him a smack on the back so he would let go i didn’t do it hard but he was kinda hurting me he left a big mark I felt very bad right after what am I doing wrong? He was fine with me this morning but I just feel horrible :(
Chickens are really barbaric, They love you one hour and hate you at other times! What helps me most is reading Chicken behavior articles, if you study that and deal with them at their level. it works when you realize they are only interested in the most basic things of life and then that makes them happy…

Chickens are really barbaric, They love you one hour and hate you at other times! What helps me most is reading Chicken behavior articles, if you study that and deal with them at their level. it works when you realize they are only interested in the most basic things of life and then that makes them happy…
Thanks everything’s been good lately

Back
Top Bottom