What am I doing wrong?

cat

Songster
11 Years
Jul 9, 2008
I have three hens who are molting so no eggs from them, but I also have 6 pulletts that are 6 months + and still no sign of any eggs.

The days are getting shorter so I am lighting the coop early in the morning, they are eating the layers pellets and free range during the day. I have looked everywhere in case they are hiding eggs... but nothing
hit.gif

The only thing I can think of is we have had very wet weather for weeks, does anyone know if this stops them laying?

I am now so OCD I check them each morning and its really dissapointing to see nothing, not even egg layig behaviour.
he.gif

I have brought them into the kitchen and shown them the oven but still nothing! can i scare those eggs out of them?

Am I doing anything wrong? Any suggestions would be welcome.

Quote:
they are a mixture, 1 buff orpington, 1 lavender araucana, 1 gold laced wyandotte, 1 buff cochin, 1 black brahma.

my friend has a silkie and everyone says they don't lay so well but she gets an egg every day!

maybe she is stealing mine lol

I can only comment on the breed I know, the brahma. You do not have a black brahma (there's no such thing) you have a dark.
Brahmas can take as long as 30+ weeks until they start laying. Only one of my dark brahmas is laying at 27 weeks. My lights started earlier and my buffs are just starting to lay.
I agree with Miss Prissy. Patience is the key.

Back
Top Bottom