What am I?? I’m curious if anyone can tell what breed/sex? It’s about 4-5wks old. Thank you

Depends on what kind of whistling. I have had chicks whistle while sleeping. Is this what your chick does?
No it whistle at me when I leave it! If I’m out of sight it will whistle and squawk like crazy. Right now she’s in my arm and being quite aggressive! Pecking me but yet ache doesn’t want to get off of me

No it whistle at me when I leave it! If I’m out of sight it will whistle and squawk like crazy. Right now she’s in my arm and being quite aggressive! Pecking me but yet ache doesn’t want to get off of me
I have a little chick that cries for me. It’s the worlds tiniest silkie chick (not really but she’s itty bitty), I guess I could call it whistling. It definitely calls for me.

But since that is definitely a little boy I wouldn’t let him get away with climbing on your shoulders and pecking you, once his hormones hit it might not be love bites anymore.

He is Millefluer d’uccle and mom was a silkie. I’m still hoping it’s not a Roo!! It’s 8 wks old today. And the comb hasn’t changed at all. Looking at the feathers doesn’t really help because they’re so curled up!😂 I also got a new baby, satin silkie. Which I’m told is a Roo. But again, it’s only 3 weeks old.. so I’m not sure

Attachments

• IMG_0651.jpeg
    IMG_0651.jpeg
    476.6 KB · Views: 2
Which I’m told is a Roo. But again, it’s only 3 weeks old
Man, I know the heartbreak. My little 4-5 week old silkie has had redness in his comb since about two weeks old.. now he’s got the cutest little wattles growing. I’m debating building him his own coop and run even though we have a pretty big space that could have more chickens I’m not sure my full sized naked neck cockerel wouldn’t hurt him!

Man, I know the heartbreak. My little 4-5 week old silkie has had redness in his comb since about two weeks old.. now he’s got the cutest little wattles growing. I’m debating building him his own coop and run even though we have a pretty big space that could have more chickens I’m not sure my full sized naked neck cockerel wouldn’t hurt him!
I also have 4 RIR, 4Buff Orpington 2 marans and 1EE. But I’m thinking that if these 2 fellas continue to get along, they will also have their own coop. Or I may put 1 roo in with half the ladies and the other in with the other half. I have 2 separate runs. I’m truly hoping that only 1 of these is a Roo!! I’m still wondering about the baby silkie.

I also have 4 RIR, 4Buff Orpington 2 marans and 1EE. But I’m thinking that if these 2 fellas continue to get along, they will also have their own coop. Or I may put 1 roo in with half the ladies and the other in with the other half. I have 2 separate runs. I’m truly hoping that only 1 of these is a Roo!! I’m still wondering about the baby silkie.
Sounds like you have enough females! Even if they are both male.

Do you have a better pic of your little one? I’m holding out hope for you!

Back
Top Bottom