1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

What am I ... Yellow with light markings on head and back

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by SweetMissDaisy, Mar 19, 2009.

1. SweetMissDaisy

SweetMissDaisy Songster

Picked up a few "assorted reds" which I think are Production Reds, and a few "assorted bantams" at TS this evening ... they needed to be brought home and loved. *right* [​IMG]

Think I have two of the bantams identified, but I'm not sure about this one... suggestions?
    [​IMG]

If you want to see the others I brought home, you can here on my blog:
    http://sweetmissdaisy.typepad.com/sassy_sweet_notes/2009/03/i-tried-to-resist.html

2. abluechipstock

abluechipstock Songster

Jan 13, 2009
    fort ashby, wv
    need some side views, murray mcmurray has pics of their bantam chicks on there site, see what you think, i say old english game just for fun [​IMG]

3. KellyHM

KellyHM Crowing

Sep 10, 2008
    Lakeland, FL
    Very cute babies!! Unfortunately your Frizzle/Silkie chick didn't inherit the Frizzle gene, but you need the smooth-feathered ones to breed Frizzles to anyways!

4. SweetMissDaisy

SweetMissDaisy Songster

Kelly, I think you're right about the Frizzle/Silkie.... I was HOPING. And, I think it's a roo. Ugh. They're cute, but holay molay just how many roo's do I need?! [​IMG]

I'll go get a side shot of the yellow babe...

5. SweetMissDaisy

SweetMissDaisy Songster

I've looked on McMurray, Ideal, and Privett ... not seeing anything that really matches for a clean legged bantam.

More pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. SweetMissDaisy

SweetMissDaisy Songster

If anyone's curious, I think I've determined that it's a Black Tail Buff Dutch Bantam. Say that five times fast. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 20, 2009
  7. Decaffeinated Mommy

Decaffeinated Mommy In the Brooder

Mar 19, 2009
    Erath Co.
    Hey Miss Daisy, I looked at your blog and saw that you have a little black one that seems to be lighter on it's underside. I THINK mine looks just like it.(since all I saw mainly was fuzz butt, lol) Can you view this post and let me know? So far no one has had a clue as to what it could be
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=148853
    Thanks

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by