What am I ... Yellow with light markings on head and back

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by SweetMissDaisy, Mar 19, 2009.

1. SweetMissDaisy

SweetMissDaisy Chillin' With My Peeps

Picked up a few "assorted reds" which I think are Production Reds, and a few "assorted bantams" at TS this evening ... they needed to be brought home and loved. *right* [​IMG]

Think I have two of the bantams identified, but I'm not sure about this one... suggestions?
    [​IMG]

If you want to see the others I brought home, you can here on my blog:
    http://sweetmissdaisy.typepad.com/sassy_sweet_notes/2009/03/i-tried-to-resist.html

2. abluechipstock

abluechipstock Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2009
    fort ashby, wv
    need some side views, murray mcmurray has pics of their bantam chicks on there site, see what you think, i say old english game just for fun [​IMG]

3. KellyHM

KellyHM Overrun With Chickens

Sep 10, 2008
    Lakeland, FL
    Very cute babies!! Unfortunately your Frizzle/Silkie chick didn't inherit the Frizzle gene, but you need the smooth-feathered ones to breed Frizzles to anyways!

4. SweetMissDaisy

Kelly, I think you're right about the Frizzle/Silkie.... I was HOPING. And, I think it's a roo. Ugh. They're cute, but holay molay just how many roo's do I need?! [​IMG]

I'll go get a side shot of the yellow babe...

5. SweetMissDaisy

I've looked on McMurray, Ideal, and Privett ... not seeing anything that really matches for a clean legged bantam.

More pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. SweetMissDaisy

If anyone's curious, I think I've determined that it's a Black Tail Buff Dutch Bantam. Say that five times fast. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 20, 2009
  7. Decaffeinated Mommy

Decaffeinated Mommy Out Of The Brooder

Mar 19, 2009
    Erath Co.
    Hey Miss Daisy, I looked at your blog and saw that you have a little black one that seems to be lighter on it's underside. I THINK mine looks just like it.(since all I saw mainly was fuzz butt, lol) Can you view this post and let me know? So far no one has had a clue as to what it could be
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=148853
    Thanks

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by