What am I?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by YooperChickens, Jul 27, 2016.

1. YooperChickens

YooperChickens Out Of The Brooder

Oct 11, 2015
    Da Yoop
    Hello all! This is my "Welsummer" pullet, Roadrunner. We purchased 25 chicks from a local woman who bought a barnyard mix and a rare mix from a hatchery. We kept five and gave the rest to my dad. He got the other Welsummers which are actually Welsummers. What the heck is she? I am not 100% on what her comb is. She's very fast (hence the name!) so I'll check her out at bedtime. Thank you!

[​IMG]

2. Gray Farms

Gray Farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2016
    NW Missouri
    Silver Duckwing Phoenix pullet

3. TheKindaFarmGal

TheKindaFarmGal Chicken Obsessed

May 4, 2016
    Somewhere in the Universe
    How old? I agree with Gray Farms on the breed.

4. Lincityfarmette

Lincityfarmette Out Of The Brooder

Jun 8, 2016
    How frustrated do you farmers and city backyarders get trying to diagnose the sex of your young chickens. Already have 2 in LA Roos. Suspect more in my order of pullets. I am worn out trying to educate myself on my beautiful variety of breeds. Sorry today I am just overwhelmed.

5. YooperChickens

Oct 11, 2015
    Da Yoop
    She is 13 weeks. I also am thinking she may be a bantam.

6. RhodeRunner

RhodeRunner Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2009
    Ashtabula, Ohio
    If the comb is single, you probably have a Silver Phoenix. If she has a walnut comb (flat) you probably have a Silver Duckwing Kraienkoppe. Both breeds come in bantam, but are uncommon. More often, people think they are bantams, because they aren't used to the smaller body types of these fowl. They will be a a few pounds lighter then dual-purpose breeds like the Welsummer.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2016
  7. YooperChickens

Oct 11, 2015
    Da Yoop
    Wow RhodeRunner, thanks for the info bomb! I really appreciate it. Do you know what color eggs they lay?

8. RhodeRunner

RhodeRunner Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2009
    Ashtabula, Ohio
    Both breeds lay an off-white or tinted egg.

9. Lincityfarmette

Lincityfarmette Out Of The Brooder

Jun 8, 2016
    Have a bunch of gender issues with my chickens. Have to hen ordered Roos already. Here are some pics. Could you please help me? Sorry can't add pics. Technically challenged my son calls it... Have EE beige with reddening wings and shoulders plus odd slight feather uplift, not a puff, behind comb. I read that's streaming and 99per cent roo. True?

10. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    x2

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by