What am I.....

jrsqlc

Obsessed with Peafowl
12 Years
Dec 22, 2009
Northwest Ohio
I just picked him up last night. This guy is huge compared to the rest of my peas, about 4-6 inches taller than my pied in this pic.

Anyway i dont know what he is.
He looks like my blues, but has the darker shoulders like my blackshoulder. But even then there not really black, they shimmers purple and green, and he still has some barring.

Any Help?

46025_dscf0883.jpg
46025_dscf0885.jpg

Last edited:
That is a spaulding. He is a really pretty spaulding too! Yes the facial patern and the mix of barring and blackshoulder wing patern gives it away plus the tight crest. Have fun with him he is just beautiful I hope you get pretty chicks from him.
smile.png

Any way to tell about how much spaulding from his looks?

I have NO way to know his past, parents, blood, nothing.

Quote:
Yes he does, it is more yellow than white. What does that mean?

Last edited:
I am not sure if it would be that easy to tell how much spaulding he is from just looking at him, so a more accurate way would to do a blood test if you really want to know but I would say he isn't a very low % spaulding but not really high ither...Not sure exactly though.
wink.png

Quote:
Yes he does, it is more yellow than white. What does that mean?

he's very low spaudling, I'd say 25% tops, the yellow in the face also comes from being fed corn. Heard Deerman say that alot, never seen it myself til recently, some of mine are turning yellow, considerably too on one, from the winter corn I have been adding to their diet this year, so yellow face doesnt mean much if the diet is unknown.

Last edited:
Really corn will do that? Hmm because sometimes I have noticed my birds faces will get a yellow tint and none of my birds are spaulding...Does that happen with pure India Blues?

Back
Top Bottom