What am I???

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by muddipuppy, Dec 1, 2010.

1. muddipuppy

muddipuppy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2009
    Mountain View, CA
    I got this bantam baby from a hatchery that had no idea what it was. She is tiny and sweet but I can't figure out what she is besides frizzled.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. roocrazy

roocrazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2009
    minnesota!!!!
    im geussing silkie/cochin becuuse she has feathered feet and has a black beak but no silkie feathers

3. muddipuppy

muddipuppy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2009
    Mountain View, CA
    I forgot to add that she has four toes. She was the smallest in a batch of 7 bantams.

4. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    She is tiny!

5. thebirdguy

thebirdguy Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 22, 2010
    Idaho Falls
    very cute... maybe in a few months you can solve the mystery:cool:

6. BigDaddy'sGurl

BigDaddy'sGurl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2010
    Wilkesboro NC
    I'm pretty sure she is a mille fleur d'uccle. I have five in my brooder right now that were supposed to be purebred cochins...but even crossed between the two, your chick still looks very much like them. Also, mille fleur chicks have 4 toes and leg feathering. They are also bantams. Look them up and you will see the resemblence.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2010
  7. Celtic Hill

Celtic Hill Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2010
    Scotland CT
    BigDaddy'sGurl :

I'm pretty sure she is a mille fleur d'uccle. I have five in my brooder right now that were supposed to be purebred cochins...but even crossed between the two, your chick still looks very much like them. Also, mille fleur chicks have 4 toes and leg feathering. They are also bantams. Look them up and you will see the resemblence.

She looiks like she could be a milie fleur something but not duccle, no beard.​

8. BigDaddy'sGurl

BigDaddy'sGurl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2010
    Wilkesboro NC
    Quote:She looiks like she could be a milie fleur something but not duccle, no beard.

Excellent observation, and one that I missed...I do think she is, like you said, mille fleur color if not d'uccle...

May have found it! There is a Mille Fleur D'Anvers breed of bantam that is beardless!!

9. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    She has dark skin and so far the wrong color to be a D'Uccle.

I say a Silkie cross, and yes, hatchery Silkies can either have 4 toes or pass on 4 toed chicks.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2010
  10. V Comb

V Comb Chillin' With My Peeps

Silkie x Frizzle

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by