What am I???

muddipuppy

Songster
10 Years
Jul 22, 2009
Mountain View, CA
I got this bantam baby from a hatchery that had no idea what it was. She is tiny and sweet but I can't figure out what she is besides frizzled.

37350_dsc04736.jpg

37350_dsc04738.jpg

I'm pretty sure she is a mille fleur d'uccle. I have five in my brooder right now that were supposed to be purebred cochins...but even crossed between the two, your chick still looks very much like them. Also, mille fleur chicks have 4 toes and leg feathering. They are also bantams. Look them up and you will see the resemblence.

Last edited:
BigDaddy'sGurl :

I'm pretty sure she is a mille fleur d'uccle. I have five in my brooder right now that were supposed to be purebred cochins...but even crossed between the two, your chick still looks very much like them. Also, mille fleur chicks have 4 toes and leg feathering. They are also bantams. Look them up and you will see the resemblence.

She looiks like she could be a milie fleur something but not duccle, no beard.​

Quote:
She looiks like she could be a milie fleur something but not duccle, no beard.

Excellent observation, and one that I missed...I do think she is, like you said, mille fleur color if not d'uccle...

May have found it! There is a Mille Fleur D'Anvers breed of bantam that is beardless!!

She has dark skin and so far the wrong color to be a D'Uccle.

I say a Silkie cross, and yes, hatchery Silkies can either have 4 toes or pass on 4 toed chicks.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom