What am i?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by KelsiNS, Sep 23, 2013.

1. KelsiNS

KelsiNS Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2013
    Buna, TX
    (Gorgeous is an appropriate answer)

This is Chicken McFancypants (aka Fancy). She is 8 weeks old today.

She came in a brown egg layer assortment from MPC.

She has yellow legs, a straight comb. She is identical in face and conformation to my three buff orpingtons, and is slightly larger. She is colored like my new hampshire reds.

She has mild black ticking on her neck, and has several blonde, pencilled feathers on her wings and back.

She is the only chicken out of 41 to look like this.
    [​IMG]

Also up, Lemon Drop from a surprise assortment at Ideal. Her comb got huge, but at 7 weeks she seems to have grown into it very nicely. She is a very small framed bird, almost like a dove.
    [​IMG]

Lastly, Leia. Easter egger. Is she a Luke? Her feathers are all beautifully rounded depite her pattern, and she carries herself like a pullet. My roos are very upright and have the tell tale pointy feathers. Ignore her redness-all my chickens are red like that throughout the day, even my sexlinks. [​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. ramirezframing

ramirezframing Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2011
    Knee Deep
    the ee is a rooster, lemon drop is probably a leghorn and fancy might be a red sex link type or a NEW HAMPSHIRE (no red at the end)

3. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    x2

4. KelsiNS

KelsiNS Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2013
    Buna, TX
    What makes you say roo?

And if she is a NH, why is her conformation and size identical to my orps? Just a strange hatchery quality?

Poor Lemon...only white egg layer in the bunch then (guess i will always know if she isnt laying!)

5. ramirezframing

ramirezframing Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2011
    Knee Deep
    your ee has a the typical black and white pattern of an ee rooster. The black and white ee hens look different. here's a black and white ee hen that is about 3 months old in the picture so you can see the difference.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    Male color pattern, thick legs, tail set, and pink comb at an early age.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by