WHAT an addiction!

MagsC

Queen Of Clueless
11 Years
Jul 27, 2008
Minnesota
LOL,I need to STOP. I bought yet another styrofoam incubator, this gets my incubator count up to five (well, four cause I am trading one to another BYC member.)
I still only have room for about six or 7 eggs, however, the duck incubator and goose incubator arent full, but not putting any more in those at this time.
Also mixed in with the chicken eggs are three turkey eggs and over a dozen guinea eggs.
Just asked about 7 OEGB eggs.
I think this is enough for now.
lol.png

Speaking of addictions, I texted DH at lunch that I "need" to go to TSC this weekend... he texted back "what do you need?" me "um, nothing..." him "then why r u driving an hour to TSC?" me"they have thier last order of chicks in for the year, more bantys" him "y u need more!?!" me "um, its either that or smoking?" (I dont really smoke, but I feel about as addicted to chicks as I was to cigs when I did smoke!) him "i dont think so."
sad.png

You go girl! Don't let him stop you. When I was doing dog rescue - you know what worked? Start making noises about being interested in having a kid. Shuts em up in a hot heartbeat. Oh babies, maybe we should...

The devious enabling the people who obviously need more banties.
smile.png

LMAO that would work if he werent fixed... I might have to come up with something about having my mother come for a week....
is it just me or are bantys MORE addicting than standard chicks?

Last edited:
I find them all addicting, poults especially now.

You can always work ADOPTION in as a second option to the normal way. Still works, oh they need foster parents locally... or I know someone who just adopted... and oohhhhhh but the COST!!! It can be lots of fun to be creative.

Bantam anything are cute! They are cute when they are babies (at 1 inch tall!), they are cute when they are broody (sound like they are going to eat you up with their banshee screech they make!), even when they lay an egg, and have that high-pitched 'bok-bok-begAAACK!'. Heck, even the roosters are cute, with their little mating dances and their funny little crows!! I have one young bantam roo that likes to 'challenge' my 4 y/o every time he runs through the yard, and even THAT is cute!! I think I'm addicted
lau.gif

Quote:
Yes Bantams are dangerous, my spouse threatens me with divorce, I was "allowed" (by her) to have 10 of them in no time I reached 80 and about 3 doz eggs are still in bators.

LOL

Back
Top Bottom