What are good space requirements for japanese quail(one pair)

So by your own admission you haven’t done your own research and 1 sq foot is not working. Clearly everyone in this thread has figured out that more space is better and 2 males 10 females is a definite no whether that was a joke or not.
Correct I have not ran 3 per sq ft, but I am going off the advise from someone who has. I also quoted my source so again add something of value.

Actually, the 2 roos to 10 hens being a definite "no" is something that I disagree with. It does depend on the personalities of the roos involved, however. I keep 2 roos to 10 hens, and with the amount of space they get (with plenty of hiding places), it usually works. If the two roos refuse to get along, I will replace the more aggressive one until I get a couple that get along.
Valuable information yet again. Thank you @Nabiki

Are you meaning the Coturnix? If so, I'd go with a pair of females at that point, since it would be too tight for a breeding pair and odds are the female would be severely over bred
Well i saw somewhere that coturnix japonica is like subspecies of coturnix coturnix or just coturnix. If they are same species that are equal in weight than thats it coturnix. Thank you

Back
Top Bottom