What Are my neighbors having for dinner?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
10638_laughing021.gif

Quote:
Imp you sure she is not to OLD at least she is queen of the Elders you know.

Shes got my vote, don't think she is any older than Reagan Was, when he got voted in.

Quote:

Shes got my vote, don't think she is any older than Reagan Was, when he got voted in.

clap.gif
(
hide.gif
..)

Quote:

I read somewhere that she was claiming to be 12.
Maybe a 12 yo would be a nice change.

Imp- thought she was running for president, not queen. Course at 12, I'd just call her lil queenie

Quote:
Jus' calm down lil queenie. All I know is what I read on BYC, and I have no reason to doubt the written word here.

Imp- btw, the sad truth about Imp is that I eat lots of steak, only good steak tenderloin. But I do work for every bite.

I don't agree with most that was said, but I do have an issue. Keep all the of them in your state. We don't want or need them here in California. Besides, they can't get more for having kids here. You sign papers that state if you ever have to go back on you DO NOT get more money. If you have to go back on, you do not get to add another child even if you've been off for years. You won't eat much on foodstamps, but I'll tell ya, here steak is cheaper than pork chops. It costs about the same as ground beef. Just depends on where you shop and what cut you buy. You should she what I can cut from a larger piece of meat. And we don't need anyone trying for jobs. Silly Con Valley left is enough from all the people who came out here and drove everything through the roof, then lost everything. All because they were greedy when they got here. There are no jobs. Not even farming. Unless you have a couple mil to buy land. A dump house is more than 200k, so yeah. Section 8 waiting list??? Shortest I've heard of was 3 years minimum. So please keep them where they are.

No I'm not on welfare. I have been, I could be now that my husband died. No life inssurance, one income (his) and the VA hasn't decided if his life was worth anything even after almost 14 months. There was a 5 year period when I paid 75k in taxes alone. I'd rather it went to someone in need than some politician's pleasure party or even a religious organization that doesn't have a bit of Christianity in their little fingers. Or to some union. There's a scam. I've belonged and I hate them still.

I've seen abuse. Lots. Mostly I've seen people who can't see up any longer. I remember going to apply once and the woman (notice I didn't say lady) behind me was complaining that her check wasn't there yet and her connection was waiting for her at a pool hall. The people hanging and partying with her in line were picking up GA checks. They were either just released from jail or had been in rehab places. Then again, some people go to jail because the judicial system sucks, so hopefully they get back on their feet. It made me sick. Then I see the mom that's breaking down because she hasn't found work in 4 months and they wouldn't give her anything. I left.

I grew up until middle of junior high in an upper class neighborhood. My stepdad was the VP of an international company. He got sick. The doctors told him he needed to stop working. We had some saving, but with a bunch of kids and a mortgage that didn't last long. Gave up the nice shiny cars and got a crappy station wagon. Big difference from the 2 made a year Lotus in the garage. Finally lost the house, because he was too over qualified to find work. After a year on aid my mom was working 18 hr shifts like she had way back, trying to keep us alive.

I'll never forget one day we were at a store and some classless person made a remark about the people in front of us. They were using foodstamps to pay. The guy looked at my mom and said "Boy they sure get fat on welfare!" Well we had been there. She looked at him and said "If you had to eat beans and spagetti every night you'd be as fat as YOU are now for the same reason." I loved my mom. BTW after she broke her back at work she went back. When she got to where she couldn't walk anymore she tried to get aid while she was fighting SSDI. They wouldn't give it to her. No income, but she couldn't get it. Took her 7 years in horrible pain to finally get SSI, but she was over 60 then. She made a lot of money at her job. I even worked with her for 15 years of the 20 she was there. She still died poor. And you should have seen what she paid in taxes. D**M!

My sister can't walk without braces and deals with fibromynagia. She fought the job that caused her to lose most of the use of her legs from their ignorance and lack of safty. Twenty years later and a lousy attorney that didn't return phone calls and she got 8k. They didn't even pay for all the surgeries she had to have to walk that didn't help. She tried to get Medical for my niece, but they told her unless she was born in another country she didn't quailfy. So there's another reason ya gotta keep those people where they are.

This is the kind of stuff I see most often. People who had and then didn't. If me or my mom went on aid for the rest of our lives, we wouldn't come even a fraction close to what our taxes were at one time. Not to mention how much my stepdad paid.

Now get me started on how corrupt CPS is and how they abuse kids in the system. I can be here till next year with that.

I said me and my mom for the rest of our lives. She died 53 days before my husband. Nope, not even SSI came close.

Last edited:
Quote:
Sorry but I am going to have to disagree on that last part. My mother is disabled and gets funds for housing and foodstamps. I think welfare if used in the right way is very benificial.
smile.png

the problem is that the system is set up to keep people on it. Unless you stash it away in your mattress, you pretty much can't build up any savings to get off welare (there is an asset limit). Want to work extra hours to try to get extra money? Well, if your income increases by more than $30 a month, they can cut your benefits. Want to get a second job? Well, your income just increased, so you lost benefits, even if the job isn't enough to actually live on. The caseworker will tell you "quit this job if you want to keep food on your table" Sometimes, it's a dang attractive choice - work 2 jobs and survive on Ramen noodles or work part-time to cover the rent and get a couple hundred $$ in welfare.

Now, are their people who abuse the system? Absolutely!! Just like there are people who abuse every system, even the rich do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom