What are some funny things people "know" about hens?

Chickens only eat bugs and plants.
ep.gif

I thought that was true untill a few months ago (Only had chickens 9 months.)

Of course every time someone asks if I eat my eggs, they are shocked I eat "chicks", because of course all eggs are fetilized!
roll.png

some how fresh eggs are dirty and store bought eggs are cleaner, go figure. That's what my father in law said after saying that they are filthy disgusting animals. Humans don't realize that if they were locked in a box, they too would soon be standing in their own poop!
It's not the factory chickens you fools, it's the mean humans using them only for profit.

I have a relative who thought the eggs in the store were washed, that is why they were white, and the eggs from the farm were brown cause they hadn't been washed yet....
roll.png

"i once got an egg from the store that had a half grown baby chick inside it!" uhhh, egg factories don't keep roosters and the hens aren't allowed to sit on eggs, soooo....it impossible....

I like this thread it makes me smile because all the stuip people that come through my line at work I just want to strangle the stuipedness in people!!!!!!!! PLEASE KEEP IT COMING

I love this thread too, because everything people "know" about chickens is true. He he. I had a person come up to me once when we let the girls out and they stood there petrified and asked "are they going to attack us?"

My mental response: yes! they are trained to attack people! run for your lives!

tongue2.gif

We also had one of my dad's great uncle check our chicks on time and he said "you got roos in that batch!" So my father wondered how many and he said "all of them!" My father didn't believe him as he continued bantering "I'm an expert at this - I can tell by the red comb on their head."
Turns out NONE of them were roos after all.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom