What are the best places to buy live quail online?

The main reason I don't want to incubate is my solar power is a bit unreliable. I have generator backup but I constantly worry about the power staying on when I am not home and all the other incubation probs that can occur from intermittent power. Also, I have a small Bator that would fit 12 quail eggs. That means either buy another bator and do them all at once(2x the power draw/margin for error) or do the batches in one bator one after the other (extends constant power need by weeks.) and then I have to integrate. I know baby quail are adoarable, and seeing them hatch is fun, but I think in this instance the power stress will outweigh the fun.
I understand I will need power to brood, but I am trying to cut down the time that my quails lives depend on electricity. Seems to me the most effective way to do that would be skip incubation. @Kiki @Ravenlover

Any practical reasons I am missing why I should hatch?

The main reason I don't want to incubate is my solar power is a bit unreliable. I have generator backup but I constantly worry about the power staying on when I am not home and all the other incubation probs that can occur from intermittent power. Also, I have a small Bator that would fit 12 quail eggs. That means either buy another bator and do them all at once(2x the power draw/margin for error) or do the batches in one bator one after the other (extends constant power need by weeks.) and then I have to integrate. I know baby quail are adoarable, and seeing them hatch is fun, but I think in this instance the power stress will outweigh the fun.
I understand I will need power to brood, but I am trying to cut down the time that my quails lives depend on electricity. Seems to me the most effective way to do that would be skip incubation. @Kiki @Ravenlover

Any practical reasons I am missing why I should hatch?
How do you heat the house?
Way back when, before my time, they'd put a basket of eggs under the wood stove and turn them a couple times a day. Do you have a wood stove?

They also have kerosene incubators.

Back
Top Bottom