What are the odds??

Critter Crazy

Songster
12 Years
Apr 19, 2007
Binghamton, NY
I have 17 eggs in the incubator, on day 9. I have 10 chicks that will be delivered around the 13th of June. I have 14, 8 week old in the coop.

Today I realized I have a broody hen! One of my delawares has been sitting for 2 days. I dont have high hopes, as this is a first for her, but knowing my luck, since I have all these babies on the way, she will hatch chicks!

For some reason I knew this would happen!
ep.gif
lol.png

lau.gif
I only laugh with you, necause I had the SAME thing happen. I got anxious....put eggs in the bator....then ordered....then right about hatching day....3 hens went broody.
barnie.gif
Anyone need Banty Cochin Frizzles??? LOL
gig.gif

Quote:
She has quite a few eggs under her already, tonight I will be moving her so she will be away from the other girls, so I will be able to get a count then.

nope, no pens needed. My babies all free range.
smile.png

Quote:
Oh mine go in the coop at night, I thought you meant fenced pens!
hu.gif
Oops! He he he he!

If I end up keeping all the birds, i have an empty 40x60 barn, that I can turn one of the horse stalls into a coop. so no worries there.

Broody hen is on day ten, and still sitting tight!! woohoo!! I wasnt able to move her to her own area till today, last time I tried she about tried to kill herself trying to get back to the nest box. But today she took the move well. She is sitting on 12 eggs. I cannot help but be excited!!
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom