What are the rules about shooting predators in your neighbors yard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Typical stoners, really...mellow, peaceful and laidback. Sometimes I think they should put it in the water supply.
tongue.png

There are a bunch of threads here that list a source for your local and state laws about this... it includes wildlife predators, dogs, etc.. I'll see if I can find them - otherwise, google livestock predator laws (and your state)
You can also contact the Game and Fish in your area - they are full of great information.

One thing I can say is that it is absolutely illegal to shoot or kill any bird of prey -

Most STATES have laws against shooting within a specified distance from an occupied building. You do not mention whether you are in a city/town or out in the country. Regardless, if someone were to shoot onto or towards my property, I would feel as if I were personally being attacked! And if I heard a shot that close, I woulld definitely call 911 and report that I WAS under attack.

If you are concerned about predators in the area, have a discussion with the neighbors about it--work TOGETHER to defend your animals. As many have said, the best defense is making sure your animals are in a predator-prood enclosure.

Unless you have permission from your neighbors to shoot predators in their yard, then it is illegal (at least around here it is). Can you talk to them about it?

Last edited:
So basically you guys are telling me that after I shoot the raccoon in my neighbors yard I need to dispose of the corpse before the cops come so I can lie about it? Just kidding, guess I'll set some traps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom