What are the signs that hatching is near?

If she does it at night she can stand by and make sure everything is go. but if you can do it during the day as smoothly as possible then try it, but i think it would work. Just slip the eggs out as you gently put the ducklings under her. Are you sure they were fertile? It happens sometimes that some don't hatch but for all of them not too makes me wonder if they were fertile. Please don't give up on your duck though, they make wonderful brooders and mothers and you'd miss an awesome experience. Just try the ducklings this time round. Let us know what you decide okay..
fl.gif
When you remove the egg I think you should open them so you can see what happened. Then you'll know if they were fertile or if something happened during incubation.

I am looking at the moment to see if there are any ducklings for sale. I am sure the eggs were fertile. I deffinately saw the veins and once when i candled them i could see the duckling move. She is still sitting happily on them at the moment but i do think something has gone wrong during incubation. No sure what yet. Rest assured it is a set back but i am not giving up. Keep trying is my moto.

I am looking at the moment to see if there are any ducklings for sale. I am sure the eggs were fertile. I deffinately saw the veins and once when i candled them i could see the duckling move. She is still sitting happily on them at the moment but i do think something has gone wrong during incubation. No sure what yet. Rest assured it is a set back but i am not giving up. Keep trying is my moto.

Good for you.
thumbsup.gif
if she is still sitting I think you have a great chance of her accepting ducklings.

Last edited:
I am still looking but can't find Khaki Campbell near me. I am determine not to give up . I have posted to see if anyone has any ideas about how long she should be left sitting.
Cannot tell you how much you support means. I am so glad i joined BYC. Big thank you.

I am still looking but can't find Khaki Campbell near me. I am determine not to give up . I have posted to see if anyone has any ideas about how long she should be left sitting.
Cannot tell you how much you support means. I am so glad i joined BYC. Big thank you.

Is there not a TSC close to you? maybe you could find it i n your heart to try another breed? they do have other breeds besides Pekin, but they are a nice friendly breed to. Just a thought. If you set on KC only have you looked in the BYC aution thread or your state thread?

Hi,

Have she is still sitting but am taking the eggs away tomorrow. I have been talking to our local farmer and he has an incubator for me so i am going to put the drakes back in for a while and then see if i can incubate the eggs myself this time. I have woundered whether to let the call ducks have a go at hatching but have heard they are more difficult. Will keep you posted and homefully this time i may get some results.

Hi,

Have she is still sitting but am taking the eggs away tomorrow. I have been talking to our local farmer and he has an incubator for me so i am going to put the drakes back in for a while and then see if i can incubate the eggs myself this time. I have woundered whether to let the call ducks have a go at hatching but have heard they are more difficult. Will keep you posted and homefully this time i may get some results.

thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom