what are the Top bantams breeds??

I like those. If I were to get them again, I would get them vaccinated for Marek's because, allegedly, they are more susceptible to Marek's. Silkies, too
I didn't know that. I bought a trio of bantams from a feed store: 2 Silkies and a Sebright. Up until that point, all my birds had been vaccinated. Feed store chicks aren't usually vaccinated, so I stopped getting my chicks vaccinated then. Every bird I've added since hasn't been vaccinated. I'm lucky they've done great! They are almost 4 now.

pet
yeah my silkie isn't smart
what do you mean by devils?
I love cats but they can be annoying
i might have BB OEGB! but he might just be a mutt who knows
My sebright rooster more than once tried to eat my hand, I find that a problem with alot of bantam breeds that the roosters if good quality appearance wise get a pass even if he has a horrible temperament.

Seramas I have heard are really popular pets, dont own one yet.

What are the top bantams to get? I have some and want to get 3 more but don't know what to get!
Lemme Hear your personal experience with your favorite bantam breeds! TIA
My favorites are Old English Game bantams, Modern Game bantams, and the crosses they produce. The roosters are so cute with tons of personality, and the hens are very good mothers.

Here is a Moder Game and her babies:

Here is an OEGB and her peachick:

My sebright rooster more than once tried to eat my hand, I find that a problem with alot of bantam breeds that the roosters if good quality appearance wise get a pass even if he has a horrible temperament.

Seramas I have heard are really popular pets, dont own one yet.
Yeah, my rooster is a Sebright. He's aggressive towards me. He's calmed down a lot over the years, but he's still a pain. The good thing is that he only attacks my ankles because he's so small. I can't even feel it when I'm wearing boots. He's good to my girls, though, so he got a pass.

Homie is TINY. He weighs just over a lb. He's the smallest bird I have by FAR.

My favorites are Old English Game bantams, Modern Game bantams, and the crosses they produce. The roosters are so cute with tons of personality, and the hens are very good mothers.

Here is a Moder Game and her babies:

Here is an OEGB and her peachick:
Good to know they are good brooders.

I fully intend to have my Silkies help incubate goose eggs if my geese need help - lol!

Good to know they are good brooders.
They are the best I've had. Wish they were bigger, then I could stuff a bunch of pea eggs under them. The OEGB hatched the one pea egg, but I had to make a special nest for her to keep the egg under her.
I fully intend to have my Silkies help incubate goose eggs if my geese need help - lol!
I've heard they are great broodies. In hindsight, I probably should have bought some last year for this year's pea eggs.

Back
Top Bottom