What are the top three reasons you have chickens?

Quote:
yuckyuck.gif

1. Great eggs
2. My therapy...chickens make me smile .... I don't smile much anymore-my husband is home on life support due to ALS.
3. Gets me out of the house for a few minutes several times throughout the day...something about doing chores.

!) Eggs
2)fertilizer
3) Bug control

Also, they are great fun to watch and to interact with. They are terrific composters....nothing goes to waste around here. They are a great hobby to bring the family together.

Chickens are the best pets..
Even know they don't do very much tricks they are the best at making you feel better.
They are the most beautiful birds to me.
They help you win chicken breed competitions.

1) I enjoy learning, so learning about chicks, coops, and chickens (thanks BYC!) has been a great experience.

2) This is an interest that my husband and I can share, and keeps me active outside.

3) It is endlessly entertaining to watch them.

The top three reasons I have chickens are:
1. My fiancee and I wanted to try and be self sufficient
2. I missed the farm life from when I was a kid
and
3. Our good farm friend up the road threatened to give me a few chicks and leave them on our porch if we did not go out and get a coop XD

hmm... why do I have chickens... except for my Jersey Giants, all of my other birds are Bantams so eggs wouldn't be a reason...
Since I have mainly Serama, the reasons I have them are

1. most of the time, the breed is really good with children.. My 16 month old has already claimed 2 of my birds
2. "eye candy"
3. Edit #3 to Im trying to give my children an opertunity to have what I didnt when I was growing up..

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom