Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by StarLover21, Jan 1, 2012.
1. Great eggs
2. My therapy...chickens make me smile .... I don't smile much anymore-my husband is home on life support due to ALS.
3. Gets me out of the house for a few minutes several times throughout the day...something about doing chores.
3) Bug control
Also, they are great fun to watch and to interact with. They are terrific composters....nothing goes to waste around here. They are a great hobby to bring the family together.
3. Pest control
Chickens are the best pets..
Even know they don't do very much tricks they are the best at making you feel better.
They are the most beautiful birds to me.
They help you win chicken breed competitions.
Top three reasons:
They are great companions when your feeling down.
1) I enjoy learning, so learning about chicks, coops, and chickens (thanks BYC!) has been a great experience.
2) This is an interest that my husband and I can share, and keeps me active outside.
3) It is endlessly entertaining to watch them.
The top three reasons I have chickens are:
1. My fiancee and I wanted to try and be self sufficient
2. I missed the farm life from when I was a kid
3. Our good farm friend up the road threatened to give me a few chicks and leave them on our porch if we did not go out and get a coop XD
hmm... why do I have chickens... except for my Jersey Giants, all of my other birds are Bantams so eggs wouldn't be a reason...
Since I have mainly Serama, the reasons I have them are
1. most of the time, the breed is really good with children.. My 16 month old has already claimed 2 of my birds
2. "eye candy"
3. Edit #3 to Im trying to give my children an opertunity to have what I didnt when I was growing up..
Not the actual chickens, but theyre eggs. We looove them! So much healthier than store bought!