What are these bantams?

According to your initial post you ordered assorted bantams and did not specify Silkies in your order, is that correct? They could be “green queens” I know that Silkies are used in this mix sometimes. They definitely have silkie in them.
I agree they both appear to be male.🙂
Correct, they could be any of those breeds listed, I just thought they were silkies. Another thing is that they are both feather footed and the I don’t know if the GQ is. It says that there’s a possibility of them having lightly feathered legs.. and maybe five toes so I guess that would mean there is silkie in them. There’s no pics of adults though…

Correct, they could be any of those breeds listed, I just thought they were silkies. Another thing is that they are both feather footed and the I don’t know if the GQ is. It says that there’s a possibility of them having lightly feathered legs.. and maybe five toes so I guess that would mean there is silkie in them. There’s no pics of adults though…
Pretty sure what the hatcheries are calling “Green Queens” are whatever random brown egg laying hens they have and they mix with a crested cream leg bar or other true blue layer breed rooster to make the chicks all green egg layers. There is no uniformity in their appearance and that’s why they describe them as having pretty much any appearance!😊

Pretty sure what the hatcheries are calling “Green Queens” are whatever random brown egg laying hens they have and they mix with a crested cream leg bar or other true blue layer breed rooster to make the chicks all green egg layers. There is no uniformity in their appearance and that’s why they describe them as having pretty much any appearance!😊
Well I’m still gonna cross my fingers that the black one is a pullet. I’ve seen the brown one wind up like he’s gonna crow but nothing happens. The fayoumi Roos started crowing at 5 weeks lol. And in terms of behavior the black one is much more reserved and happy to follow the brown one. The MF we call tweedle dee and tweedle dum… cause let’s just say it suits them.

Another pic of the black one… the tan is a rooster I’ll get a closer pic of that one tomorrow. She (?) doesnt look like Easter egger..

1C9E931D-93BC-4E11-AA90-A14BD7C3E3F1.jpeg

Gotcha. Your post made it sound like you were unsure on sex.

They came from MPC, correct?

Back
Top Bottom