What are these girls?

dbounds10

Crowing
13 Years
Mar 15, 2011
Fort Worth, Tx
I have 3 girls that were supposed to be Blue Stars. 2 of them have 1 or 2 sad little feathers on their feet and small combs while the third has huge comb and wattles and no feathers on her feet. The large comb girl just started laying these super small light brown eggs. She has laid 3 so far.

Attachments

• IMG_3418.jpeg
    IMG_3418.jpeg
    579.2 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_3415.jpeg
    IMG_3415.jpeg
    853.2 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_3412.jpeg
    IMG_3412.jpeg
    934.1 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_3409.jpeg
    IMG_3409.jpeg
    370.7 KB · Views: 24
The "Star" breeds of chickens usually end up with random genetics getting mixed in due to them being egg production hybrids, therefore your Blue Stars are still what they are supposed to be. Where did you get them from?

I have 3 girls that were supposed to be Blue Stars. 2 of them have 1 or 2 sad little feathers on their feet and small combs while the third has huge comb and wattles and no feathers on her feet. The large comb girl just started laying these super small light brown eggs. She has laid 3 so far.
I have two “Oliver eggers” that look similar. Could have feathers on their feet if they are crossed with Marans. ( I am no expert, just my thoughts).

Attachments

• IMG_3247.jpeg
    IMG_3247.jpeg
    834.1 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_3250.jpeg
    IMG_3250.jpeg
    929 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_3244.jpeg
    IMG_3244.jpeg
    763.6 KB · Views: 10
The "Star" breeds of chickens usually end up with random genetics getting mixed in due to them being egg production hybrids, therefore your Blue Stars are still what they are supposed to be. Where did you get them from?
I got them from a local feed store that I believe got them from either ideal or mcmurrey. The ones with feathers have literally like 2 random feathers sticking out of their feet lol. Am also the fact that only 1 has the giant single comb and the others are rose combs I think? And only a few feathers, nothing like a Brahma or anything. And they are supposed to lay blue but the one that’s laying is brown. I’m so confused 🤪😆

Attachments

• IMG_3420.png
    IMG_3420.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 8
I got them from a local feed store that I believe got them from either ideal or mcmurrey. The ones with feathers have literally like 2 random feathers sticking out of their feet lol. Am also the fact that only 1 has the giant single comb and the others are rose combs I think? And only a few feathers, nothing like a Brahma or anything. And they are supposed to lay blue but the one that’s laying is brown. I’m so confused 🤪😆
Blue Stars are supposed to lay brown, I'm unsure of what you are talking about there.

Back
Top Bottom