Are these hens or one is different from the other? Also, what breed are they?

Shady77

In the Brooder
Feb 5, 2024
So, these two are 3 months old, born on the same day and the one with a visible comb was like a late bloomer. It didn't have developed feathers and tails until it was 2 months old, while the other one had developed feathers earlier. After 3 months, the lately developed chick has grown a comb while the other hasn't.
Is the late bloomer one a rooster?
IMG_20240206_004102.jpg

Better close up pictures, please? It's severely out of focused when zoomed.
Screenshot_2024-02-06-01-09-19-78_be80aec1db9a2b53c9d399db0c602181.jpg

I'm sorry for the quality tho. It's a screenshot from a video which my caretaker had sent me cause I am out of the town for a while. I hope this one tries to clear up the confusion. So does this confirm that it's a rooster? And if so, can you guess the breed? Thank you and sorry for the trouble :(

One pullet and one cockerel. The one on the right has male feathering.
Screenshot_2024-02-06-01-09-19-78_be80aec1db9a2b53c9d399db0c602181.jpg

Are you sure it's a rooster? This one is the exact same chicken on the right. I don't have much knowledge about chickens and if it's a cockerel then it's a good news for me. And can you guess the breed?

View attachment 3741117
Are you sure it's a rooster? This one is the exact same chicken on the right. I don't have much knowledge about chickens and if it's a cockerel then it's a good news for me. And can you guess the breed?
That looks like it has male specific feathering. My guess is that it's either a Black Sexlink cross, an Orpington cross or potentially a cross between the two breeds.
Do you have any idea what the parents looked like?

View attachment 3741115
I'm sorry for the quality tho. It's a screenshot from a video which my caretaker had sent me cause I am out of the town for a while. I hope this one tries to clear up the confusion. So does this confirm that it's a rooster? And if so, can you guess the breed? Thank you and sorry for the trouble :(
It maybe a cockerel.

Most likely a mixed breed.

Back
Top Bottom