What are these?

Update this morning: the larger roo was crowing, but the smaller (younger??) one was quiet. They are still skittish, but moving around a lot more. They ate a ton and pooped like crazy, so I am assuming they were starving.

The spurs on the larger roo make me nervous, but they are not showing any aggression toward me, my partner or my 7 year old son. I don't know anything at all about roosters though, so maybe that is normal while they are still shaken up.

So I am guessing at this point that they are some sort of mixed breed? I have searched online and can't find any birds that look like them.

Can roosters bond with each other? I didn't think they would, but these were snuggled together this morning and stand touching shoulders whenever we go in the bathroom. I feel like this is a crash course in roos.

Update this morning: the larger roo was crowing, but the smaller (younger??) one was quiet. They are still skittish, but moving around a lot more. They ate a ton and pooped like crazy, so I am assuming they were starving.

The spurs on the larger roo make me nervous, but they are not showing any aggression toward me, my partner or my 7 year old son. I don't know anything at all about roosters though, so maybe that is normal while they are still shaken up.

So I am guessing at this point that they are some sort of mixed breed? I have searched online and can't find any birds that look like them.

Can roosters bond with each other? I didn't think they would, but these were snuggled together this morning and stand touching shoulders whenever we go in the bathroom. I feel like this is a crash course in roos.

Yes, I would assume that they are mix breeds. Also from a book I once read, the author talked about her two roosters that were raised together and bonded to each other. So I believe that roosters can be friends if raised together. Although, one day the older rooster attacked his friend, which resulted in his death.

We have a couple roosters that get along. Two are father and son, they have always been together and never have been aggressive towards each other.

Well, they are both crowing, so definitely both roosters. Anyone have any clue as to what sort of mix they might be? Or how to tell how old they are? They are so super timid. I mopped the bathroom floor and they were totally freaked out. My cat went in to sniff them and they froze and tried to back away, not aggressive toward the cat at all. I shooed the cat away and closed the door and now they are just standing in the corner. They are super funny when they get up in the mirror and crow at their reflections though.

Well, they are both crowing, so definitely both roosters.  Anyone have any clue as to what sort of mix they might be? Or how to tell how old they are?  They are so super timid.  I mopped the bathroom floor and they were totally freaked out.  My cat went in to sniff them and they froze and tried to back away, not aggressive toward the cat at all.  I shooed the cat away and closed the door and now they are just standing in the corner.  They are super funny when they get up in the mirror and crow at their reflections though.

It looks like they have some game fowl blood in them, other than that, I am not sure. :)

Back
Top Bottom