What are they?

howfunkyisurchicken

Crowing
11 Years
Apr 11, 2011
Tn
My chick order arrived on Friday. I can tell who's who as far as what I actually ordered. But I have absolutely zero idea what my packing peanuts are. Here are some pictures, hopefully they'll help. Originally I thought they may be production or RIR, but now I'm not so sure. They all look like this little'un:
photobucket-4648-1327774317419.jpg

The only difference between them at this point is the color of the tiny wing feathers they've got growing in. Most of them look like this:
photobucket-4969-1327774613531.jpg

I know its not the best pic, so if you're having a hard time seeing it, the feathers are tannish-red with little splotches of dark brown. I don't have a pic, but a few have solid tannish-red without the dark brown splotches. Then there are a few that look like this:
photobucket-2012-1327774667057.jpg

Obviously they've got little black and white feathers coming in. Could they be sexlinks? Or maybe they're just a hodgepodge of a few different breeds? I know its hard to tell when they're this little and there are probably quite a few breeds that look like this when they're little.....but I thought I'd let all the experts out there in BYC land take a look. So, what do y'all think (or guess)?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom