What are we? (A hopeless brag of my new Ameraucana/EE's)

I would say, with the better pictures - both Pullets At 20 weeks the males would have red combs. Both of the combs look "odd" to me, and both look like Splashes. The first one appears to have a straight comb - with a little curve in it? The second one (as Jerry mentioned) has a definite straight comb. I would call both AM EEs for now, just because there is something odd in their genetics that caused that straight comb and loss of the big beard/muff on the second bird. Since the blue egg gene is closely linked to the pea comb gene you may not get blue eggs. Keep us updated when they start laying. They are pretty birds.

Oh man, I hope they lay Blue eggs! Hubby would kill me otherwise, lol! It was my excuse to get his approval to bump my numbers up to 10 (keep in mind that when we first got into chickens in June, we were "just going to have 2 or 3", LOL.

Oh man, I hope they lay Blue eggs! Hubby would kill me otherwise, lol! It was my excuse to get his approval to bump my numbers up to 10 (keep in mind that when we first got into chickens in June, we were "just going to have 2 or 3", LOL.

Chicken Math strikes again... Been there - done that - went from 8 birds to over 100. My advise - do NOT get addicted to hatching chicks!

Quote:
hide.gif
DANGER!

The dozen I was only going to have is at 42 at the moment. We hit 65 earlier this year with chicks. And that is only using silkies, not an incubator. The math gets bad

The dozen I was only going to have is at 42 at the moment. We hit 65 earlier this year with chicks. And that is only using silkies, not an incubator. The math gets bad

I bought a used sportsman
hide.gif
Good thing it needed work and didn't come with all the trays/egg racks/automatic humidity setup - or I would probably be MUCH worse off. I sold 20 chicks for 20 bucks just to bring down the numbers. I suspect they were mostly boys - and that's what I told the person I sold them to.

Back
Top Bottom