What are we?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by momofchicks, May 15, 2008.

1. momofchicks

momofchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2008
    Kentucky
    Can you tell me what breed chicken and gender the white one in the front is? He/she is 6 weeks old.

[​IMG]

And I think this one is an EE, also 6 weeks old, but can you tell if it's a roo or hen?

[​IMG]

Thank you:D

2. lemurchaser

lemurchaser Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2008
    Corvallis, OR
    1st one looks like a male, not sure on breed.
    2nd one looks like a male EE

3. flyingmonkeypoop

flyingmonkeypoop Overrun With Chickens

Apr 30, 2007
    Deer Park Washington
    The first one is a male deleware and he has decent pattern. The second one is an EE, I say female, she has a feminine head.

4. momofchicks

Apr 23, 2008
    Kentucky
    Thank you for your reply. I was thinking they were both males too. I think the white one is supposed to be an EE as well but I'm not sure. The farmer had so many babies and my boys just reached in the brooder and picked out 12. I only got one Dominque out of the bunch and 4 RIR. I think we have 2 roos for sure and hopefully the rest are hens. I'm keeping them all no matter what, it's just fun trying to guess who is who.

5. momofchicks

Apr 23, 2008
    Kentucky
    flyingmonkeypoop - love the name LOL. I never even thought of the Deleware, I do believe you are right. He had so many chics in the brooder. Can you explain "feminine head" to me. What can I look for on the other chickens?

6. flyingmonkeypoop

flyingmonkeypoop Overrun With Chickens

Apr 30, 2007
    Deer Park Washington
    Well, the head is more round and nice looking, not all manly looking and the comb is small and not that red. Its kinda like looking at people, some have manly heads/faces while others look more feminine. Its kinda hard to describe, but the EE looks like a girl to me.

7. mmajw

mmajw Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2008
    Maine
    I believe your EE is a hen, her comb and waddles would be more red and bigger.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by