What are we?

momofchicks

Songster
11 Years
Apr 23, 2008
Kentucky
Can you tell me what breed chicken and gender the white one in the front is? He/she is 6 weeks old.

IMG_0020.jpg

And I think this one is an EE, also 6 weeks old, but can you tell if it's a roo or hen?

IMG_0026.jpg

Thank you:D

Thank you for your reply. I was thinking they were both males too. I think the white one is supposed to be an EE as well but I'm not sure. The farmer had so many babies and my boys just reached in the brooder and picked out 12. I only got one Dominque out of the bunch and 4 RIR. I think we have 2 roos for sure and hopefully the rest are hens. I'm keeping them all no matter what, it's just fun trying to guess who is who.

flyingmonkeypoop - love the name LOL. I never even thought of the Deleware, I do believe you are right. He had so many chics in the brooder. Can you explain "feminine head" to me. What can I look for on the other chickens?

Well, the head is more round and nice looking, not all manly looking and the comb is small and not that red. Its kinda like looking at people, some have manly heads/faces while others look more feminine. Its kinda hard to describe, but the EE looks like a girl to me.

Back
Top Bottom