What are you adding to your flock this year?

Quote:
You are going to be a busy chicken mama!
big_smile.png

You are so right! Busy mama AND busy chicken mama! That's just how I roll!
smile.png

Quote:
Welcome to the BYC group. This is the place to be for everything fowl. You have plenty of time to read and learn before you get your chicks. There is no better place to learn than here.

My grandchildren are as excited about my chickens as I am and they each have their own plans for getting more chicks for Grandma.

So they've got this "chicken math" thing already!
big_smile.png

Nothing new just gonna hatch some more black orps and white rocks, ok and maybe some barred rocks too. But no more buff orps or slw's or australorps. Well maybe a couple of ee's if i can find some eggs locally but thats it!

I'll be getting these in February-
2 auracaunas
2 buff orpingtons
2 golden polish
2 cuckoo marans
2 black star
2 red star
14 jumbo cornish x rocks

I'll be getting these in May-
20 jumbo cornish x rocks
12 cornish

And I am soooo excited for these little babies!
yippiechickie.gif

Looking to add some Rouen ducks, but I will probably have to stick with Pekins due to super high shipping on ducks. Can you believe 1 Drake and 2 ducks will cost me $70 to ship?

Chickens:
I'm thinking delewares, maybe ee's and a white egg layer or two for a pleasing color combo in my cartons.

More LF brahmas and more white faced spanish. Out of all the breeds I have, those two breeds are my favorite.

Also hoping to do turkeys, but haven't decided between blue slate, bourbon reds or royal palms.

Quote:
Oh, they're darling. I bought Mille Fluer bantam cochin eggs from BYC member, Fattie. If you're going to hatch eggs, she's a great seller....Her adult birds are beautiful. I bought splash as well. She sent me a dozen, plus 4 extras, and they were perfectly packaged. I ended up with 9 chicks....3 millie fluer, 1 mysterious color that is gorgous but I don't know what to call it, and 5 splashes.

Everyone's favorite topic, right?!
tongue.png

My orders are already placed: Dorkings, Delawares, and some white rocks. I'm looking for that perfect dual purpose breed for us.

Back
Top Bottom