What are you canning now?

Quote:
I have a flat top, and it hasn't broken it yet. I would prefer to have a flat bottom on the presto because it is not real easy to regulate the heat on the flat top. The thermostat keeps turning it on and off to keep the temp steady...on the stove, the pressure canner needs fiddling with. I have to turn up the temp then turn down to keep it in that perfect pressure range. i don't leave the kitchen when I can anyway, so it isn't a big deal. I get distracted so easily I know better.

canning? you said something about canning? i love it!!!!!
80413_242.jpg

80413_243.jpg

Quote:
oooohhhh what's that????
love.gif

in the first photo it is orange peel in syrup, but very dense syrup, like a honey. in the second photo is glazed orange peel. i don't have the third photo, with the glazed orange peel covered with chocolate
he.gif

Quote:
oooohhhh what's that????
love.gif

in the first photo it is orange peel in syrup, but very dense syrup, like a honey. in the second photo is glazed orange peel. i don't have the third photo, with the glazed orange peel covered with chocolate
he.gif

Oh MY what state are you in? I may have to come and visit
lol.png

Quote:
he.gif

Oh MY what state are you in? I may have to come and visit
lol.png

hahaha, i would be glad to have you as a guest. i'm living in romania, europe.

Hey guys -- do any of you make canned jam from frozen fruit? We have just dug into the last jar of jam! No fresh fruit (strawberries) until June around here. Can I use frozen strawberries or raspberries from the store to make more jam? I have only ever used fresh picked strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries. Thanks!!

Back
Top Bottom