What are you canning now?

Spring is here, too. The sap is running, and the sugar makers are boiling it down for syrup. I got stuck in the mud on my road and had to get a tractor to pull me out - the mud is fierce this year, because we have had so much snow. There is still two feet on my asparagus bed. But one of the two bee hives made it through the winter and are eating the sugar fondant. It promises to be a beautiful day today, in the high forties. Tomorrow though, a wintry mix.

Quote:
Our neighbor has an orange tree, so we get a bag of oranges from time to time. I know this isnt canning, but i juice mine and freeze them in ice cube trays, then transfer the cubes into a ziplock bag. Then, i use them as needed for cooking. So, I make an olive oil and balsamic vinagrette salad dressing, but i add orange juice to mine. Or, I make chicken or seafood and use another cube or two in place of lemon. I put the juice over a fruit salad. The cubes are always ready for me. I also use them in baking.

HT I have been picking clover and dandelions.... as soon as I heal enough I can take the tea I made from them and start my first batches for spring! HOORAY!!!!

Spring makes me so giddy!!!!
wee.gif

Quote:
ep.gif
You have clover already... no fare, I am sooo ready and all I have is the clover green so far.
barnie.gif
I am even going to plant my own honeysuckle this year so I can expand just a tad.
wink.png

ps- I love the bee box your DH has made you.
love.gif
Our bees should be here mid next month, 10 colonies. Just think of all that pollination.
clap.gif

Quote:
ep.gif
You have clover already... no fare, I am sooo ready and all I have is the clover green so far.
barnie.gif
I am even going to plant my own honeysuckle this year so I can expand just a tad.
wink.png

ps- I love the bee box your DH has made you.
love.gif
Our bees should be here mid next month, 10 colonies. Just think of all that pollination.
clap.gif

Me too. No clover blossoms yet...only green and those are barely tall enough to pick for the chichens and quail.

Well I'm sending out my 4 year old to pick pretty white flowers at the end of the deck
smile.png
In other words... putting the kiddo to work for more clover for mommy. Slave labor!!! HAHAHAHA

I love canning. I'm not canning anything now but in a couple of months I'll be a happy camper.

My husband teases that I'll cann anything.
tongue.png

100_4224.jpg

100_4243.jpg

100_4211.jpg

100_4212_edited.jpg

100_4209_edited.jpg

ry%3D320

ry%3D320

ry%3D320

47b8db01b3127ccec47da177115600000056108AbuWzVo5Ytwe3nwg

100_4245_edited.jpg

Back