what are you charging for a dozen?

I started out selling them for $1.00 a dozen, then bumped it to $1.25 a dozen. Just lately I had to start charging $2.00 a dozen with the cost of feed going up. All my egg money goes into a tin and gets used to buy feed and pine shavings. I checked on craigs list and the going rate around here is $2.00 a doz. DH sells them at work and I cannot keep up on the orders.

Last edited:
I am in Wisconsin also, surrounded by organic egg farmers so I only charge a $1 a dozen, and my family gets them free. I will never get out of them what I have in them, but that doesn't matter, I enjoy the fresh eggs too much to care!
big_smile.png

I don't plan to 'make money' off my eggs but I'm also not going to give them away. I feed the bantam-sized eggs to the chickens and sell the LF...at least it helps a little.

Im in Alaska and I sell my eggs for $5.00 per 18 pack. I am not in the egg selling business, but I get about a dozen eggs a day and I can't keep up with them so I take them to work and they sell immediately. The money I get from those eggs pays for the entire feed bill per week. My chickens are paying for themselves.

Back
Top Bottom