What are you doing to help the economy?

Quote:
I buy chicken feed. Helps the feed store, the folks who transported it, the folks who processed it, the folks who grew the crops, the oil company who provided the diesel for the tractors, the seed company, ... you get the drift.

Recently bought a new car. The old one, 1996 model, had both the ABS and the airbags go out. That meant that the repairs cost more than the blue book, and this after several other large repairs. I would have like to have driven it at least one more year, but with kids in the car....safety is always first.

I buy local. Consignment shops, farmers markets, etc. I pay my bills too. That's about all the help this economy will get from me. I'm 23, I sure as h*** didn't mess it up.
roll.png
roll.png

Last edited:
Quote:
I completely agree with you.
Quote:
Yeah me too Laurie
roll.png
that's actually what we all do here in Oregon
lol.png

Last edited:
I spent my stimulus package on school loans. I think thats what we were supposed to do, get rid of some debt. 2k really didnt dent mine though. I saw a facinating utube video on how the economy works and why this is happening...if I can remember the name of it, Ill post it. It was really easy to follow, but it ended in some crazy utopist rant. *sigh* Canadians...
big_smile.png
It was neat though- Ill see if I can find the link.

Ha - stimulus check. Our went into the bank and went to pay taxes and bills.
roll.png

I guess our weekend trip to Niagara Falls, USA side will help the economy. We'll have to gas up the car, and pay for the hotel, etc., etc....

After this trip, it's back to our normal paycheck to paycheck life.

I guess you could also count the large amounts of canned and preserved foods I've been stockpiling for the last week a boost to the economy as well.

Em

DH is a Long Haul truckdriver.....out income is already down by at least 1/2, and dropping more every time gas/fuel prices go up.

We spent the stimulus check on school clothes for the kids, and groceries.
We can barely pay our utilities and gas for the car, not because we're extravagant, or drive alot, but because of the ever-shrinking paychecks, and the ever-rising costs of living.

The up side is our car is paid for, the mobile home is paid for (ain't much, but it's ours none the less) If we lose the medical insurance, the kids will be alright, but DH & I are crap outta luck!

We may eat nothing but pinto beans and biscuits (and of course eggs), and get colder this winter, but at least we'll be able to do it in our own home, instead of living in a shelter because we couldn't pay some over-inflated mortgage, on some over-valued house.

[Sorry y'all, I"m ready to join Speckledhen up on her mountain, and tell the Govt they can kiss my grits!]

Back
Top Bottom