1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login, otherwise join BYC here!

What are YOU getting for Mother's Day?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Broke Down Ranch, May 8, 2008.

1. Broke Down Ranch

Broke Down Ranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2007
    Texas
    I got my gift yesterday and it doesn't even have feathers or fur - DH bought me a new laptop!! Well, it's refurbished but MAN it's sweet! It's an HP Pavilion DV6000 Entertainment series. I am doing college courses online and there have been times our internet has gone down (for days) and I can't submit my papers on time (which takes points away). So with my laptop I can go sit in town (WI-FI hotspot) and do my homework. [​IMG] I am REALLY excited about it!

So, what is all the women-folk getting for Mother's Day (besides a hard time from their kids.. [​IMG] )?

2. BearSwampChick

BearSwampChick Chicken Sensei

Jan 10, 2008
    Marysville, OH
    Well, from my DH I got 16 chicks and a new coop! That also goes for my birthday the next day!

3. dogzrule5

dogzrule5 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2008
    Sanford, NC
    I can't assume I will get anything so bought myself a digital camera yesterday!!! [​IMG]

4. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    Congrats on your new laptop! I LOVE my laptop! [​IMG]

I got a chicken coop for mother's day! I'm going to throw an incubator in there, but my DH doesn't know that yet! Shhhhh! [​IMG]

5. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    I got new stock tanks for my goats. [​IMG] And my DD's gave me a new sprinkler system for my garden. [​IMG]

That is better anyday than some flowers or candy or some bric-a-brac sitting on a shelf!

6. joebwe25

joebwe25 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2007
    St. Louis, Mo.
    We got My mother a NEW old stove. We were shopping at an antique shop and she had to have it! Now we have to get rid of the other old stove we have. Oh well.
    The stove is from 1925, it's called "Quick Meal" and its logo is a chick just hatched out of the egg chasing a fly! Funny isn't it.

7. Broke Down Ranch

Broke Down Ranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2007
    Texas
    Quote:I told my DH when we were dating not to bother with flowers cause they die and that's a waste of money and affection - to this day 10 years later he has never bought me flowers (plants are a whole 'nother story but those can be planted and LIVE). And candy is all ok now and then but my broad-side is broad enough! LOL

Last edited: May 8, 2008
  8. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    Mother's Day is a non-event for me - my mom, grandmoms, and mom-in-law have passed away, and I'm not a mom myself. Easy day.

Last edited: May 8, 2008
  9. dfunnyfarm

dfunnyfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2008
    ks
    I don't know what my dd's and dh have planned for me. I can't guess this year they have done a good job of hidding. I am hoping I get a new shih tzu puppy that I have been looking at.

10. lizardz

lizardz Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2007
    Grass Valley, CA
    We're taking the whole family (my mom, brother, SIL & the twins, and my family) out for breakfast on Saturday (beat the rush), then home for a day of work in the garden (my husband & son's gift to me). Late Saturday, my son's friends are coming over to stay and then Sunday we're going to see Iron Man (plus more work in the garden). Looks like I get extra kids and a movie for Mother's Day [​IMG] Oh well, I plan on making the extra kids work in the garden for me (I've known them since Kindergarten and they are Sophmores now, so they are like my own kids and I have no problem putting them to work!). Hope you all get your hearts desire for Mother's Day!
    Liz

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by