What are you paying for feed?

We just bought some today.

50# 17% layer crumbles: $7
50# 12% horse pellets $8

(I was buying Tribute feed but then it went up and up to over $17 a 50# bag. Forget that...)

Dumor at TSC is running around $14-$15
Kent feeds is running really high. $17+
I do get scratch sometimes, $14.
Sunflower seeds etc and walmart...something for them to play with.
Not to mention when I let them out and they go straight for the horse stalss to find the sloppy remains, haha!
These companies are just going to price themselves out of business.

Chris can get you organic oats and corn, nice yummy stuff, fo $20/100 lb bag. I just started buying organic broiler food in Millbook yesterday and paid $50 fo 100 lb bags plus 50 lbs of scratch. Gonna fatten up those birds before Nov 2, who could resist yummy local oganic food???

I think I was paying 12 for scratch and 14 for feed at the store near my house, though. Regular kibble stuff, not yummy fresh grain.

I am paying about $16.50 for a 50# bag of layer pellets. (
roll.png
)

**If there is anyone on here from Colorado that knows of a cheaper price, please let me know.

I can get a 50lb bag of layer feed for $ 9.00 and game bird feed for $ 12.00 for 50lbs, scratch is also $ 9.00 for 50lbs. DE is only $ 16.00 for 50lbs what a deal.

AL

$7 and change for layer mash. Same for scratch. Comes from the nearest elevator. They make it from local crops. How's that for slow food?

Rural King has 40# layer crumbles for 9.49 (used to be 50# for same price) They don't sell pellets and only sell their own brand chicken feed.
Just found a Mom and Pop store a couple miles further away, they have 50# layer pellets for $10.25.(off brand)

I wanted to switch to pellets anyway because hens have been wasting a lot with the crumbles lately.

I sell eggs for $2 doz. and that covers the feed costs.

Back
Top Bottom