What are you paying for Purina Layena pellets?

Now, why did you say that with no follow-up remarks or reasons for saying it??? Give information for the statement, please....
idunno.gif

Hi, Layena Crumble and Pellets are $18.50 at our store in San Diego. We also do not charge tax on feed for chickens per the State board of Equalization. You might want to check what the rules are in your state.

I must have purchased a old bag of the feed myself . Because I had half my flock come down with a vitamin defiency while feeding that feed. The bag was recently purchased from the store but I suspect the store had the bag for sometime and it lost its vitamin content or the vitamin content diminished to a point where it was not good. It's good to look at mill dates when you buy to make sure this does not happen. I purchased the bag without looking at the mill date. I've since switched to a mill that only mills small portions at a time so it's insured fresh when you order it.its a all natural organic feed I order online. I switched not because I think this is a bad feed but I think the stores here where I live shelf the product too long. And I'm afraid of the defiency happening again because of that. So I now order my feed and have it shipped to my house. It is a bit more expensive this way but I don't want to take the chance of that happening again. It's not the feeds fault but more the stores fault. And in my area there's only a few feed stores.so just make sure to check mill dates.hope this helps someone. I just wanted to say it can happen. So be careful about milling dates.

Back
Top Bottom