WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? WHAT DID YOU JUST RECEIVE?

Congrats.
ya.gif
mine came from there. And they were in satisfactory condition. They will likely send extras on a big order in case some one don't make it.

What cutie pies! I got a mystery chick with my chicks and I think it is a Buff Orphinton, Post another picture in a couple of weeks and we will compare. Congrats on your babies and Enjoy the sight! Here is a picture of my golden beauty.

I have 3 buff orpingtons, they look like that so my guess is that it's a buff. :) Good luck!

Here are mine the day they arrived

The Buff Orpington had a red dot on his head so we would know it was the cockerel.

Did they tell you that was what the red dot was? Two on mine had red dots on their heads. But I ordered 2 Barred plymouth Rock and 2 Cuckoo Marans. So I assumed that the two with the red dots were the ones that were either not Barred rock or not Marans. I just didn't know which. Still don't. They look almost identical at this point.

I got my first chicks ever a week ago. Everything is going very well. They arrived safely and are all eating and drinking. They are already getting little tail feathers! They came from my pet chicken and the breeds are: 2 buff orpingtons, 2 lavender orpingtons, 2 australorps, and a silver laced wyandotte. One chick got pasty butt at day 2, but I cleaned her off right away and she has been fine since. We are working hard to finish the coop before they outgrow my bathtub brooder. ;-)
Greetings Talonstorm,
welcome-byc.gif
and the thread! Congrats on your new chicks! They all look healthy
clap.gif

Got the tracking number from Cackle, they were shipped out today! Should be here tomorrow or Friday, we will have to see! Planning on putting the batch o got a little over a month ago in the coop today so that should keep me busy
smile.png
will post pics when they get here!

forgot to put what I am getting: 5 buff orpington pullets, 5 RIR pullets, 5 barred rock pullets, and 1 barred rock cockerel.

Did they tell you that was what the red dot was? Two on mine had red dots on their heads. But I ordered 2 Barred plymouth Rock and 2 Cuckoo Marans. So I assumed that the two with the red dots were the ones that were either not Barred rock or not Marans. I just didn't know which. Still don't. They look almost identical at this point.

Yeah the red dotted one is the cockerel. I only ordered 1 cockerel in with them, and 1 cockerel NN and he had a blue dot right over his beak, and the cockerel Leghorn and he has red on his head, just can't see it where his head is reddish brown. The only issue that I had is the BO cockerel was lighter colored then the pullets. I thought they was the same color as chicks.

Back
Top Bottom