What Are Your Chicken's Names?

lissa hen ( daughters name alyssa lynn) popcorn,stoogie,fuzzy-foot,goldie,bigbord, handheld,hawk,venom,spiderman, speckles,buck,doe,wow,,,,and sooooo many more,,hehe
wink.png

Brahma: Nigel
Buff orp: Nugget
Australorpe: Penguin
BLR wyandotte: Henly
RLB wyandotte: Frank
RIR: Red
Barred Rock: Luna
EE: Chip
Silkies: Champy, Travis, Zanzabar, and "noname", Splash, Wave, Nilligator, Chocodile,
Polish: "The Big Gahuna"
Buff orp Chicks: (the ones we've named) Sam, William, and "Maulve" (or fatty, or big one. Haven't gotten a definate name for him)

As you could probably guess, the chickens were all named by the kids
wink.png
it's pretty funny, I have no roosters, really, except for three of my silkies, which I plan on selling as soon as they get big enough to mate, and there are a lot of hens in there with boy names.
I am responsible for Nugget, Nilligator and Chocodile's names (Nilligator because she's white, or "vanilla", Chocodile because he's "chocolate" or black)
"Noname" just never really got a name. We kept giving him one, but we would all forget. So we don't really call him much of anything. The silkie boys don't really get much attention with Travis around. She's the only hen, but somehow ended up with the boy name
lol.png
And she's sweet as sweet can be. I've never seen a nicer chicken.

Ive posted this photo before of RIR roo Donovan, damed after my sons friend who wanted me to get him some but was leaving for the Marines. Hes my buddy, has recently started bumping the other roos away from me and comming into his own. His ladies are Thing 1 and Thing 2.
This was a couple weeks ago, Don has grown much and is feathering beautifully.
5945_pict1037.jpg

Heres a full shot the same time I took the others. Don and 1 & 2 are in the front, the other 2 roos are on the right side, Shake and Bake (their futures are unknown) Thing 3 is the grey EE in the rear and the 2 RIR hens in the middle are Violet and Hazel after my grandmothers.
5945_pict1041.jpg

Last edited:
ok, omg i have 11 so this should take a while lol

Roast beef, Roxy, Big Red, Rosie, Snake, Dragon, Chicken Lil, Peepers, Penny, Calvin, and Carley!

theyre all girls and all different types ^_^

Male Black australorps: Sultan
Female australorp: Gypsy
white rock: Mildred
Partridge rock: Maude
SS hamburg: Amelia
Cornish hen: Betsy
F EE: Sheeba & Jasmin
M EE: Thor
Unkown breed F (sissor beak): Edwina
white crested black polish: Fannie

I have to say, be VERY careful about what you name your "girls." I bought 3 chicks from a "sexed" run, and the one we named Lola, ironically, ---walked like a chicken, but crowed like a man--- (set to the tune of the Kinks song, NOT the other one). We were so sad, but due to regs, she had to go. It was a shame, since she had lots of personality (which all made sense when we figured out she was indeed a he).
hit.gif

I am so easily amused.

I just got my birds. I've picked out roo names, but not hen names so far.

Welsummer cockerel, head of the flock: Winston (Churchill)
-- Churchill protected his people from the attacks of the Germans, and I have a herd of dobermans that drool over my flock. Guess where dobermans come from. ;-)

Brabanter cockerel: Bertie (Wooster)
-- If you don't recognize the reference, read some P.G. Wodehouse books. ;-)

Mille Fleur bantam cochin cockerel: Richelieu
-- this bird has a beautiful red mantle and red cap (comb), and he's also got a lot of ambition and a disdain for the little people!

bantam Araucana cockerel: Fauntleroy
-- he is just too too foppish with his ear tufts and little rounded back end, and he's little too!

One of my bantam cochin chicks is also looking very rooish. I've got too many roos already -- so everybody think girlie thoughts for me!

Back
Top Bottom