WHAT ARE YOUR CKN FIRST-AID KIT *MUST HAVES*???

I would add "Handfeeding Formula for Parrots" to that list. A sick or injured bird often looses weight and needs added nutrients and calories in order to heal. I have a vet who treats/loves chickens and he recommended it for some of my chickens in the past. I also have a small scale in order to keep track of my chicken's weight, when they are sick or injured. I found a cheap one for for around $10.00, it is just big enough to weigh a chicken, it was intended for weighing small packages.

Only thing I can think to add is plastic/latex gloves for yourself and Damerow's Chicken Health Handbook. Some lubricants (vaseline, KY or even the triple antibiotic). Clean towels. hair dryer. small dishes for food and water.

But I've also noticed my fridge almost always has yogurt now, that I always have apple cider vinegar and molasses on hand.

An old glass aquarium is on the wishlist, for injured chicks, with a desk lamp over it.

Oh...and a camera so I can upload photos to the BYC.

The medication dosages is a brilliant contribution. Thank you all so much for so many good ideas.

lol.png

Heidi, you need to seperate her til she is fully recovered or he will continue. They will pick on the weak ones till they kill them. Let her het her strength back and any wounds heal and try again.

Have a chicken that lost all her feathers! It's 15 degrees out and I have heat in coop; what else can I do?

DO NOT USE ANYTHING WITH painreliever in it to clean the wounds. BAD.

What do I do about the red flap, on their heads? My chicks does not look smooth? Kinda dry.

Back
Top Bottom