• Increase Chicken Treats

Votes: 8 7.7%
  • Increase Chicken Treats

Votes: 7 6.7%
  • Purchase/add more Chicken Toys

Votes: 14 13.5%
  • Get More Chicks/Chickens

Votes: 52 50.0%
  • Add other poultry in addition to chickens (ducks, turkey etc.)

Votes: 15 14.4%
  • Reduce Feed Costs

• Add a New Breed/s To My Flock

Votes: 41 39.4%
  • Reduce Flock Number

Votes: 8 7.7%
  • Nothing, will keep things as is

Votes: 20 19.2%
  • Other (please elaborate in a reply below)

• Total voters
Soooooo many plans!
  • Gonna put down pine bark in under it all and hopefully what's in there will continue to dry out.
  • Finish tidying up the hardware cloth from where I'm connecting it to the new coop just on the outside edge of the old run...because I changed my mind and we pulled it through from inside the run to outside the run there is about an 8" gap between the two. Gonna be tricky to do.
  • PAINT soon as weather warms back up so LP Smartside will stop warping!
  • Also still gotta cut out a door on new coop to go into the run as well as build a ramp still.
  • Before spring comes will be cutting out windows for increased ventilation
  • probably making a sliding barn door on the new coop that goes into the run area so I can just leave it open during summer.
  • Install some sort of gutter across front of coop to help with the water coming down where I have to work inside coop.
  • Would LUV to put a roof in entire run...but we'll see.

I rescue all poultry and I also breed some birds and sell chicks. I am super picky about who buys my chicks though. 😬❤ Gotta make sure they go to a great place and not to a dinner plate. This year I will be adding to my flocks and working on my project breeds. I will also be working on new coops for my breeders. I'll also be redecorating my older coops. 😁🐓🐔🐣🦆🐖🐷🐕🐇🐰

Reducing feed costs... I wish. Unable to free range beyond the yard. That's the only real way I know to reduce feed cost by letting the birds find their own food. With that said, the cost of feed has gone up about 20%.

I will be adding a few hens hopefully and I intend to grow out some more ducks for meat so we will have a larger number of ducks for some time at least.

Run extention could be an option. I'm tempted to add ~100 sqft. In the coop, I would like new nest boxes.

Back
Top Bottom