What are your schedules like?

SamSmith

In the Brooder
7 Years
May 18, 2012
1234, SE Independence, MO 12345 ;)
Just curious what everybody's day is like. Here is mine:
6:00- wake up
6:30- be at goat milking stanchion, and milk Snickers.
6:45- Get home and do the dishes and strain the milk
7:00- Go up to barn and let out roosters and goat and make sure everybody has water for the day
7:30- Weed the garden, water the garden, plant seeds in the garden
9:00- Go let out hens, and the broody hen/with chicks (takes awhile bc i always stop to play for a fewLOL)
9:30- Take care of all the little chicks
9:45- come home, cut up celery and carrots and lettuce
10:00- go over to rabbits and give them a stick each. Feed, water, and set out in pens
10:30- realize its already 10:30, and realize I'm starved
10:31- come home and grab a quick drink
10:40- go back up to garden and keep weeding
11:00- brush the goats (keeps their coat healthy)
12:00- Come home and eat breakfast/lunch
1:00- take nap
2:00- wake up and pick up all my stuff around house and put it downstairs in my room
2:30- vacuum
3:00- take a break and handle rabbits
3:15- check up on all the animals
4:00- go check on cows, make sure all them are in good shape
4:30- come home and start dinner (after rounding up the family members)
6:00- finish dinner
6:01- do dishes
6:30- Go do chores (putting all the chickens away, putting goats away, doing rabbits, etc..)

Typically I'm awake by 7:30-8am. I put my dog out and feed/water her and let the cats out and feed them. Come back in and get on the 'net to check the News and weather (and BYC!). Around 8:45 I head out to the barn, via bringing the dog in first. Put the rooster in his cage, let the hens out, feed, clean and fill their water dishes. Pick any eggs that have been laid, put out the goat and feed the horses. I also spend a little time with the animals to make sure everyone is feeling good. 9:25 ish come back inside and take my shower and get ready for work (boo! LOL!). Get to work before noon and stay there until 4,6, or 8 depending on the day. Come home and check on my chickens, grab the rest of the eggs, put everyone to bed and find dinner. Watch a movie and go to bed around 10-11pm.

My schedule changes a lot because the things I have to do around the ranch change with the seasons, but I am always up by 6:00 a.m., sometimes a little earlier, RARELY a little later. In the dead of winter, I usually sleep until about 7:00. Bottom line is, if the sun's up, I'm up.

I probably would do well to create a structured schedule like you have. Maybe then I wouldn't have so many things that don't get done on a day-to-day basis.

Hi All,

Up@4:00 let dogs out. Go check/feed chickens, feed horses. Back to house. Feed cats, dogs, 5min shower. Get dressed for work out the door by 5:00. At work before 6:00 off at 6:30 pm or when work is done. Go home do night chores 2.5 to 3 hours a night. Eat light, shower, bed. Start over next day. But is so worth it to me. Do this 3-5 days a week, then when off still get up @ 4:00 am my body clock is set for this. Have been doing it for years.

Maye

up at 6:am
feed and water chickens
clean out both chicken coops
me and dh grab a bite to eat
wash dishes
9:30 off to work.(we own and run a retail gun shop)
6:30pm back at home
fresh water and feed for chickens
7:15 cook dinner
wash dishes
turn chickens out of chicken tractor for some free ranging
do a little yard work
put chickens up for the night
wash laundry
put laundry away
prep something for lunch for work tomorrow
make sure coffee pot is set for tomorrow morning.
take bath
now time for a little relaxation before going to bed.
10;30 -11:00 off to bed.
house clening done on thursday night and on mondays.(off on mondays)

I really have no schedule. I let the birds and dogs out a pre dawn, grab a cup, sit outside and listen to the morning come alive, wave to the few people who are on their way to work and then let the day take care of it self.

Just curious what everybody's day is like. Here is mine:
6:00- wake up
6:30- be at goat milking stanchion, and milk Snickers.
6:45- Get home and do the dishes and strain the milk
7:00- Go up to barn and let out roosters and goat and make sure everybody has water for the day
7:30- Weed the garden, water the garden, plant seeds in the garden
9:00- Go let out hens, and the broody hen/with chicks (takes awhile bc i always stop to play for a fewLOL)
9:30- Take care of all the little chicks
9:45- come home, cut up celery and carrots and lettuce
10:00- go over to rabbits and give them a stick each. Feed, water, and set out in pens
10:30- realize its already 10:30, and realize I'm starved
10:31- come home and grab a quick drink
10:40- go back up to garden and keep weeding
11:00- brush the goats (keeps their coat healthy)
12:00- Come home and eat breakfast/lunch
1:00- take nap
2:00- wake up and pick up all my stuff around house and put it downstairs in my room
2:30- vacuum
3:00- take a break and handle rabbits
3:15- check up on all the animals
4:00- go check on cows, make sure all them are in good shape
4:30- come home and start dinner (after rounding up the family members)
6:00- finish dinner 
6:01- do dishes
6:30- Go do chores (putting all the chickens away, putting goats away, doing rabbits, etc..)

Oh my gosh I soooo needed to read your post!! My dh has not been working layed off for a year now and saying he is retired while I still work..though I do work out of my home but it's still work!
And with work the animals and picking up after lazy butt your still busier then me.

I don't have a daily schedule as such, but my weekly schedule is so identical from one week to the next that once I didn't even notice anything had happened between one Saturday and the next. :lol: I have school five days, I even take the bus home on the same days, I always buy the same pastry from BreadTop which is next to the bus stop, and then I watch whatever TV show corresponds to the day while doing any homework. :p Then Saturday I have art class: work all morning, 11:20 bus into city, check BYC, 1:00 train to Oaklands (the train station folks know me, I swear :lau), 3:50 train back to Woodlands park, go home, finish JM...

Oh well, there have been plenty of things to break the routine lately which I have been glad of. including mock trials competition round two (we won!!! :celebrate After losing by about 50 points in the practise round one. The judge said he almost gave me best witness. zomg) a couple of leaving parties among friends (heaps of folks going on holiday recently) and a few excursions to do with extra curricular activities. Fun.

And to all of you who wake up a 6AM, I am pretty envious. If I could do that I wouldn't be late for choir every week and school many times. :p I used to be one of those sleep obsessed 10-hours-a-night people but ever since I got over that fetish I don't seem to get tired anymore early in the night. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom