What are your state's "hot issues?"

MAMA....that was one of your best!!! I am finally speechless and could add nothing to what you already said.

PS: You forgot the $3.50 for really good chocolates.

MAMA....that was one of your best!!! I am finally speechless and could add nothing to what you already said.

PS: You forgot the $3.50 for really good chocolates.

Sorry...did not mean to double post...Maybe just too excited.

Last edited:
No doubt for every dozen people you will end up with a dozen different ideas about government spending. But I firmly believe in "majority rules" and if the majority of voters want tax dollars spent on (to use your example) public schools, then so be it. I also believe in accountability, however. Here in Maryland we have this issue where dollars raised by gas tax and set aside for infrastructure repairs were pilfered by another (unnamed) agency(ies). Now, we have potholes and bridges ready to fall down, and no money to spend on the repairs, so our governor's solution is higher gas tax. What about the "stolen" money? To me, this is something to get upset about, not whether gay people can marry. I just don't understand the priorities in this country.

Quote:
My only issue with this is that someone else used their tax dollars to pay for your education. It's really just the cycle of things. It'd be nice if we could all pick and choose which taxes we wanted to pay but it just isn't realistic.

Quote:
My only issue with this is that someone else used their tax dollars to pay for your education. It's really just the cycle of things. It'd be nice if we could all pick and choose which taxes we wanted to pay but it just isn't realistic.
Yes, but I've paid my tax to education for more than 12 years now. When do I get to stop paying for other people's kids?

I want my money to go to my choices and I really don't care how that affects anyone else. People in Kansas may have zero interest in defense spending because of where they live, but a high interest in farm subsidies. Florida may prefer increases in spending that affect seniors, but no desire to promote something else. I don't think I can make the best choice for another person, and I don't think that other people are making the best choices for me, but as a whole, I think we're all unhappily compromised into a system that works for what it is.

All semantics anyway. It's just not a practical solution - we can barely choose a president without coming to blows, how would we manage the hundreds of ways our tax dollars could be spent?

Last edited:
In any case I don't mind spending a few extra dollars to ensure that our population is educated. Sometimes there's a bigger picture you need to see and look past yourself.

All semantics anyway. It's just not a practical solution - we can barely choose a president without coming to blows, how would we manage the hundreds of ways our tax dollars could be spent?

We may come to blows yet, if you listen to the political weathermen on tv...predicting the perfect storm of popular vote vs electoral college vote. Which is another stupid system, if you ask me...lol...

my state is completely against chickens it seems like they dont have anything better to do then let a few birds stay
My county is ok with chickens so of course my HOA had to outlaw them...and also of course, I didn't know about that until I had already gotten and fallen in love with my chickens. Go figure.

Back
Top Bottom