What Bit Me???

fuzziebutt

Songster
10 Years
Mar 9, 2009
Winfield
I woke up one morning about a month ago with a little red dot on my right hand. It got bigger, and itched. Yesterday, I finally got what I can describe as a kernel out of it. Now, it has this hole, and the whole top of it is hard, like a callous. And STILL itches! Any ideas? I figure it was a spider, but I'd kinda like to know what kind, if I can.

037.jpg

Got one just like it on my arm. Definite spider bite and yeah, the hard bump is finally going down after much squeazing and three weeks time.

It looks and sounds like a spider. Keep a VERY close eye on this; as a guy that comes in the store where I work had a spider bite on is forearm, and it was a mess. . .went to the doctor when he broke out in hives over something and now he has staph infection under his arms in the armpit area. . . he is miserable and on a l-o-n-g regiment of antibiotics.

Someone else told me maybe staph, but the white is dry callused skin, not infection. And Egghead, you are a better man than me if you can squeeze it. It is VERY tender!

Agree, looks like a staph infection. Put a warm compress on it and gently squeeze to see if anything comes out. . Eventually you will come to the "kernel" or plug. Once that's out it will start to heal.

I dug the kernel out yesterday, and the itching started last night. I kept a bandaid with neosporin over it. Scratched it off in the night. I am leaving it open to dry out. Wish I knew what spider!

Back
Top Bottom