What Bobwhite coloration is this?

KenjiQuacker

Songster
Jan 24, 2021
Issaquah Washington
Hello!

On April 9th I'll be adopting 4 Quail, a pair of scaled quail, and a pair of bobwhites. The female bobwhite is a snowflake bobwhite, but I have no idea what coloration the male is...
Here's a picture, the male is the dark one and the female is the snowflake one.
FB3A4AFD-3B6B-4115-854A-8DAB3BE91AC1.jpeg

Any ideas on what the males coloration is?

The only possible mutation that I can currently think of that looks similar is the Tennessee red but even that doesn’t quite fit. Is that the only photo you have of it? I think @007Sean @muddy75 have bobwhites and information that could help. :)
Yeah that's what I was thinking, maybe some sort of tennessee red mix. And yep, it's the only photo they sent me. I could probably ask for more though. Thanks responding! :)

The only possible mutation that I can currently think of that looks similar is the Tennessee red but even that doesn’t quite fit. Is that the only photo you have of it? I think @007Sean @muddy75 have bobwhites and information that could help. :)
The snowflake is female. The dark one I think is Tennessee Red but it's hard to tell by that pic. Here's a pic of both male and female Reds.
ten-red007.jpg

ETA - the female is the one with the white bib.

Last edited:
The snowflake is female. The dark one I think is Tennessee Red but it's hard to tell by that pic. Here's a pic of both male and female Reds.
View attachment 2580808
ETA - the female is the one with the white bib.
Thanks, the pic is really bad lighting but I think it is a tennessee red like you said. And that's great, I was hoping the snowflake was a female because I didn't want any of my quail fighting. Now it'll be perfect because there's two males and two females. Thanks again!

Not actually sure yet... turns out they're only 3 months old so we'll just have to wait and see. The guy we got them from says that the black/ brown one could either be a red or a snowflake red mix. I'll tell you guys once I find out if you want. :)
Please do! Snowflake is a white and black version of Mexican speckled. A cross would be really interesting, I wonder what he will grow out to look like.

Back
Top Bottom