What breed and gender

Rooster, but more like 3-4 months old, I think. The age thing is throwing a lot of folks off, but if the bird was born in April, it would basically be full grown by now and not growing appreciably as the OP has noticed. The darker shading on the wings was my first sign, the saddle feathers are not really bold yet but are there, plus those thick legs. The rose comb can throw a lot of folks off also, that bird isn't a a rir/wellie cross or it would have a straight comb. Most common rose comb breed is wyandotte, cold possibly be a buff wyandotte with a rir, or just a barnyard mix from the sound of the seller.

I'd love to see pics in 3-4 weeks to see how he looks then, if you keep him. If/when you're sure he's a roo, see if the seller will make it right for you.

Well we are going to try to give him away and try to get another buff oprpington or barred rock... Maybe go with a rir or new Hampshire

Well we got ride of him! We actually sent him to what we call "the chicken lady"... We bought our first 3 hen from her. She knows what she's doing unlike the other person we bought our other two hen from. It turns out he is a New Hampshire just not fully developed... She had 10 NH that when pumpkin was put up next to them looked exactly the same... Never would of expected that breed! Anyways we worked out a deal that we gave her ours and she gave us a younger Australorp hen! I think it was a fair trade what do you guys think? And you australorp owners tell me about this breed!!!

Great trade! Australorps are amazing. Very sweet and gentle, and excellent layers.
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom