What breed AND sex are these 3? Lots of photos

x4

Mine did not look like SQ as mine came from a hatchery. Mine were Buff, but the shape and feathering looked like yours, except mine had a little more feathers on their feet than yours.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone. They are ABSOLUTELY roosters as they crowed this morning! Well, at least one did that I saw but I went to my local feed store to get my weekly supplies this morning and they had their chicks in for spring purchase. The pictures of the Brahma roo looked kinda like them so I figure they'll ALL start crowing soon.
I don't show my chickens so I'm not worried about what they look like I'm just concerned because I now only have 4 actual hens! My flock is SO diminished!! I have to get rid of at least 2 of these guys. I don't mind keeping one for reproductive value but.... not 3!
They are pretty tho...

Thanks everyone. They are ABSOLUTELY roosters as they crowed this morning! Well, at least one did that I saw but I went to my local feed store to get my weekly supplies this morning and they had their chicks in for spring purchase. The pictures of the Brahma roo looked kinda like them so I figure they'll ALL start crowing soon.
I don't show my chickens so I'm not worried about what they look like I'm just concerned because I now only have 4 actual hens! My flock is SO diminished!! I have to get rid of at least 2 of these guys. I don't mind keeping one for reproductive value but.... not 3!
They are pretty tho...
You got that right! They are STUNNING!
droolin.gif

In my opinion, they are Silver Laced Wyandotte Dark Brahma mix. If they were more common, I would say they were a Silver Laced Brahma mixed with a Wyandotte.

As soon as I saw your pictures, I thought: Wyandotte! Then I read your comment about the feathered feet and I thought of Brahmas. They are probably a mix.

You said they towered over all the other chickens. My cousins have a Silver Laced Wyandotte and she stands out. She's taller and plumper than all the other hens and is almost as big as the rooster!
tongue.png

All three are Roosters, The hackles and Saddle feathers are pointed, combs and wattles pronounced, They look like Standard Silver laced cochin Roo's to me!

Here is a pic of a hen and Roo Silver laced Cochin, Not my pic, posted on Ovabid

Yup- That's my boys!
Well, I kept one and the other two went to a farm a few towns over. They'll have 40 chickens to play with so they shouldn't fight anymore
(I went out Sunday morning and in pure Stephen King style,one had blood all over his "chin"!
ep.gif
)

I'm now on to purchasing chicks. Anyone ever use Purelypoultry.com?

Thanks for all your help!!

COCKERALS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
bun.gif
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
D.gif
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom