What breed and sex?

Lagniappe Alpacas

In the Brooder
8 Years
May 1, 2011
Somerset, Virginia
I ordered a brown layer assortment and roos were included for packing.The breeds are listed below that were in the assortment and I ordered 3 Americuanas.They are just over 6 weeks old. Boy or girl and what breed? Thanks for your help.

Breeds that could be included in this assortment are: Golden Buff, White Rock, Barred Rock, Speckled Sussex, Rhode Island Red, Black Australorp, Buff Orpington, Delaware, New Hampshire Rd, Black Jersey Giant, Silver & Golden Laced Wyandotte, Dominique, Columbian Wyandotte, Dark Cornish, Light Brahma, Partridge Rock.

NOT the same thing.
Rhode Island Red is a PURE breed. Red Sex Links are NOT.

3X

Which hatchery did you get your assortment from? I got a brown egg layers special from Murray McMurray.
Here is a picture of my Rhode Island Red:

She could very well be a EE but here is a picture of my New Hampshire Red. She has black on her tail and her wing tips. I've never opened her wings up to see how the marking look, but she also has the black tip on some of the feathers on her neck like yours seem to have.

But I'm leaning towards EE, especially with that marking around her eye.

She came from Meyers' brown assortment layers. Not sure her comb is EE, but I'm very new at this. There's just something about her coloring that want to suggest that to me. RIR, was my first choice from the list.

Back
Top Bottom